Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

View Poll Results: Starcraft vs Warcraft 3
Starcraft 23 65.71%
Warcraft 3 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Enthusiast

KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community
Dune 2000 actually
Old 06-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Enthusiast

AlazarRamir is community member of note
Send a message via MSN to AlazarRamir
Well ok, I was 2000 off. But I was smack on with the name. Was even by the same company - Westwood.

How I miss thee Westwood...
Old 06-02-2009, 10:31 PM

Stefanovich666 is a cornerstone of the community Stefanovich666 is a cornerstone of the community Stefanovich666 is a cornerstone of the community
I can't say that starcraft can be compared to warIII , infact the game is from 1998 so its much older than WarIII. WarIII its much more advanced rts, and it features/offer diffrent things than starcraft (like better graphics ,unqiue gameplay,game climat,story ,and other universe for example).Anyway i've played warcraft 3 more offen than starcraft ,so i prefer it
Old 06-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Alazar, you were correct. Dune came out before the original C&C. Dune 2000 came out after Red Alert 2.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Enthusiast

True that between the two there are some years, but in its time, Starcraft had created quite a stir with its innovative gameplay.

CAme out after Red Alert 2? I think you are mistaken. Are you sure you're not thinking of Emperor, Battle for Dune?
Last edited by AlazarRamir : 06-03-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlazarRamir View Post
Came out after Red Alert 2? I think you are mistaken. Are you sure you're not thinking of Emperor, Battle for Dune?
Yeah, maybe I was.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Enthusiast

Not trying to contradict you, but I remember Dune 2000 and the gameplay was well below RA2 level. Ha ha.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:30 AM
Enthusiast

Hexblood is a jewel in the community Hexblood is a jewel in the community
I finally picked up Starcraft yesterday and started playing. Though I think it is a good game so far, it is quite dated. It would be nice to see a patch or addon pack that would allow better screen resolutions and tweak the AI a little bit (few minor querks I have seen so far that are a bit annoying.)

I truly do regret not having played this sooner but glad there is still an active community for it. Looking forward to SC2 later this year.

Once I feel comfortable with the game I'd like to get a multi-player match set up some time with some people from gDNA
Old 06-05-2009, 07:33 AM
Enthusiast

Would love to match you in that, but probably I am so out of practice with it. Ha ha.

Did you get Starcraft alone? Or did it include the expansion pack?
Old 06-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Enthusiast

Hexblood is a jewel in the community Hexblood is a jewel in the community
I got the Battlechest. Though when I was making an account on the "New" Battle.net it called it Anthology when I plugged in my Key.

I am about half way through the Terran campaign for the original.

I probably won't feel comfortable going competitive till I have played it a bit more myself so you got time to refresh your skills LOL.

Played for a few more hours last night and was really having a blast. Those AI quirks are a bit annoying but I am learning to work with them.

I do wish I could select a larger group to move at once. Also need to find out if I can bind groups to a key so I can toggle between and move more efficiently.