11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Retro Gaming

Old 05-27-2012, 05:57 AM
Enthusiast

WILDMAMMOTH has much to be proud of
What are you playing?
So, I just thought it would be interesting to find out what retro games people are playing.

For some reason, I've been playing Kirby's Block Ball...
Old 05-27-2012, 07:46 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Define me 'retro' first and I might tell you :P

Old 05-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Enthusiast

WILDMAMMOTH has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
Define me 'retro' first and I might tell you :P
Well, I guess we'll go with 1999 or earlier. That is a totally arbitrary choice.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:39 PM

HighSimSim has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to HighSimSim Send a message via Skype™ to HighSimSim
I want to replay Ocarina of Time again! I just have to redownload an emulator :-/

Old 05-27-2012, 06:26 PM

MrVista360 has much to be proud of
Zork
I broke out Zork Grand Inquisitor last week and played a bit. Brought back memories...8^)
Old 05-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
Most of the games I play are considered "retro" by young people, such as Mishy. I've been trying to get gDNA to recognize my Dark Forces II, but it thinks I'm playing Jedi Academy.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk aquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:04 AM

Timesmith has much to be proud of
I bought an old copy of Sea Wolf at a thrift store and have been meaning to give it a go. I just need to put the 5.25 drive back in my computer first.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:37 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Baldur's Gate I guess is the closest I've played, I think Icewind Dale came out after 1999.

I don't really have many retro games I guess, plenty of stuff from early 2000s though since thats when I started to actually get into gaming a bit more seriously then Pokemon :P

Also I guess I think retro is more a style then a time period as stuff like Dark Forces 2 is hardly retro for me

Old 05-28-2012, 12:10 PM

War-Go has much to be proud of
Play Daggerfall if you haven't already Its the 2nd game in the Elder Scrolls series. So if you enjoyed Skyrim and Oblivion try Daggerfall as well. Great story line and great old graphics ^^

I Have to Agree Baldurs Gate is an amazing retro series.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Guru

Oh, I have. Wasn't very good at it, lost interest but the concept was cool.

Wrong time period I guess :P