11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

View Poll Results: who dose not want you to play video games?
mom 0 0%
dad 1 14.29%
mom and dad 1 14.29%
girlfriend 0 0%
friends 0 0%
a combo of more then one of these 0 0%
jack thompson 4 57.14%
other 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2009, 04:05 AM

gamefanatic92 has much to be proud of
Angry get the angur out about the people who dont want you to play video games
for me its my its my dad the man got me started on video game in the 90s and now he dose not play them anymore. reasons why: all the games he likes were in the early 90s and hes and ass.

tell us about people who dont want you playing
Old 01-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
I has teyh angur. I blamez teh OTHER, big a$$h0l3.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Ok, sad story, please don't laugh. A couple of years ago Harold And Kumar go to White Castle started playing here in theaters. Living in Amsterdam, we of course got pretty baked before continuing to the cinema. Once in the cinema we were simply amazed by the pure brilliance and flawlessness of this film. Even when all the credits had rolled passed, and the lights had come on again, the two of us were still sitting there staring at the screen. As minutes turned into hours it became apparent to us that we were no longer sitting in the cinema but were forcefully removed after being warned by several cleaning crews. Still, we sat outside on the boardwalk staring at cars passing by. As it became morning again we realized that this movie was not just one of the most entertaining movies ever, but truly inspirational. Up to that point I had been living my life day by day, come what may. I drifted without purpose from one moment to another. Of course I did was expected from me, I cleaned the house from time to time, helped out with chores and studied in college... Yet none of this had any meaning. I continued my life like this for one more week, but as the days slowly drifted by I realized I was not fulfilling my true purpose in life. It was all so meaningless and empty. So I picked up the phone to call my friend, I did not need dial, as I picked up the phone I actually already heard his voice at the other end. He had come to the same realization. I packed my bags, hugged my parents and said goodbye to my sister.
Three hours later we were crossing the Canal on our way to Heathrow. I sat next to an old man named Earl. Since we got stuck in a storm and 2 hours were added to our otherwise short journey we had quite some time to talk. Earl had a daughter who was 34 and a doctor in Ghana. He claimed she had found true purpose in helping the children there fight diseases. I looked Earl in the eyes. I saw an old man with a wrinkled face, silver grey hair, a bead of sweat slowly moved down his left eyebrow. He looked down, and forced a smile, or at least try. I could however clearly see how unhappy this man was. I asked him if he had found happyness in life. Confused he looked up at me and our eyes met again, as he realized the truth a small tear swelled up in his eyes. He reached into his bag and offered me a fortune cookie. I thanked him and as I was eating it he told me his wife had passed away a few months ago, he simply could not stay in the home he was. Everything he looked at reminded him of her. He had not gotten the chance to tell his daughter yet. The note inside the fortune cookie read: "Don't play games". The man read it and started to weep, he told me how he had alienated his daughter and regretted it more than anything. It did not take me long to realize this man was not going on a holiday as he mentioned earlier. He hadn't spoken to his daughter in 8 years, he did not want her to spend her life in a poor disease infected country, she disagreed.*
Last edited by Dem : 01-13-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Amy, as his daughter turned out to be called, never spoke to him again. Her and her mom were still very close though. The man was looking down at his shoes. I told him to look up or he'd get sick, he started crying. A stewardess asked him if he was ok. He took a sip of water and stared outside. Outside the plane the storm roared and shook the small plane a little bit. "So you are going to Ghana?" I asked Earl. He gently shook his head in acknowledgment. I put my hand on his shoulders and looked into his watery eyes as I told him that I would join him on his journey for his lost daughter.

The next day me and Earl arrived in Accra, the main capital. I had left my friend to continue his journey on his own. From there a long journey followed into the outskirts and poorest regions of Ghana. It was here that my soul would forever be scarred, images burned onto my retina for the rest of my life. We rolled into a small town called Mboba, although I am not sure if the cardboard houses and small cattle could be officially called a town. The sun beat down on my skin and I felt like I was drowning in my own sweat, in my own clothes, in my own air. The air was thick and smelled of disease. The mosquitoes buzzed around me non-stop. A woman so skinny her bones almost cut through her skin was holding a young boy whose eyes were so empty it sucked the will to live out of the air around him. We made our way to a small mud built house, passing several self made crosses and names on stones. Walter, our guide, told us that this was where the miss worked and lived. I handed Earl a bottle of water, which he cleared within seconds. I could see he was terrified, I held him as we walked up to what I suppose would've been the door.

I shouted out as there was no wayof knocking, a female voice replied surprised and told me to come in. She wasn't wearing doctors robes, but the gloves and mouth cap gave away she was the doctor. Her smile faded as her eyes widened and filled with tears, but thengrew again. As she recognized her father it seemed like right there and thenshe created life. As if a pool of water would spring from the very ground shewalked on, and flowers would bloom and trees would florish. Her knees trembleda nd I wasn't sure whether to catch her or hold Earl... I decided on the latter as she recovered balance. Earl however seemed to be rendered into a state of shock. I couldn't tell whether it was of joy, or pain. She ran to him and embraced him. His voice crackled as she asked him what he was doing here. I stepped outside.
Last edited by Dem : 01-13-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Easy Breezy~

I handed Walter some money and then watched him as he sped off in the distance in his old jeep. The surrounded area could be considered beautiful to some, but I almost lost myself as the thick air of disease and starving children filled my lungs. I sat down on a stone and smoked. A young boy, no older than 8 sat next to me and lit a cigarette as well... How could it be that this boy was able to get cigarettes, but not food? Trying to introduce myself I learned his name was Makabi. I would later learn that he was from a village which required a 2 hour walk. He had come for medicine, but Amy had not received any yet. I stared in to the distance with the young boy next to me, reflecting upon where I was and where I needed to go. I stared off into the Ghanian landscape which wasn't a dessert as I had expected, but was rather a rich green area. No jungle, just rich with green plants and other ground fauna.

As the sun started setting Amy walked outside, her eyes still wet from tears, and we made introductions. She was puzzled by her fathers presence, but near as much as mine. Earl was resting so we sat down and she explained her mission to me. I'll be quite honost, besides the story of Makabi I didn't quite get much of it. Her eyes captured my soul. Up to that point I did not even realize I had one. Even though we were surrounded by poverty and disease, she seemed to lift everything away. I stayed in that village for six months, helping out where I could. Earl did the best he could as well, but passed away before I left. Time after time we urged him to go back to Europe, or at least one of Ghana's main cities, but he refused. Three months after Earl's passing a boy no older than 4 walked up to me and opened his hand. I had grown accustimed to this. As I searched my pockets for something edible or maybe something useful I found apicture of my friend and me smiling at Heathrow, Earl between us. A smile crawled on my face, I wondered what happened to my friend, whether he was still waiting for me or whether he got sidetracked as well. So one morning before sunrise I got up, left my possessions, said goodbye to Amy and wished her the best and left Ghana.
Last edited by Dem : 01-13-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Easy Breezy~

It was a long journey towards the state from Ghana, lots of red tape and bureaucracy. *Once on the plane I looked outside the window and saw Ghana fading. The poverty, the children, death, disease, but also something beautiful. There was a black woman sitting next to me, snoring. So for most of the flight I watched over the clouds and wondered what would happen to Amy and wondered about a lot of things.

Once I arrived in the States I tried desperately to think of a way to discover how to find my friend. I bought a throw-away cell, tried his number,but the number was not in use. New York was a big place and I'd never been there before. I started walking, observing people. A man selling hot dogs,people scurrying around, talking on their cell phones, or listening to their music. I decided to go for a cup of coffee at Starbucks. People standing in line, looking busy as always. In front of me the girl took a moment of her cellphone as she yelled: "Mint chocolate favorelio pasty mocca with creamed caramel". My turn: "Coffee". The girl looks at me strangely and immediately I feel out of place. "I'll have what the girl before me had " "NEXT". I took a sip, it was disgusting. I looked for a spot to sit.I wasn't even gonna dare sitting next to the popular type, too afraid of another angry look. Everybody seemed angry. The hot dog seller yelling, the man yelling through his cell to another man yelling back at him, a woman yelling to the cab driver, the cab driver yelling at the traffic... I spotted dark haired girl with big headphones on reading poetry or whatever, perfect. I pretended to say something and then just sat down. Surprisingly enough she took off her headphones and smiled at me. The coffee was disgusting, but I said "coffee here is nice aint it?", "its corporate poison". I was smiling,but my mind just died. I took another few sips and then chucked it.

I was on Queens Boulevard, what way would I go now... My eye fell on a weird pyramid sort of shaped thing so I decided to walk in that direction. It was a bank, but not far from the bank there was a metal car selling coffee. I took my chances,it tasted like mud with water, exactly how I prefer my coffee. I thanked the man, he told me to thank God, so I thanked him as well. When I asked him how he survives in such a busy city where people seem to not care about each other anymore, he told me he goes to church every Sunday to sing and pray for hissoul. Music, movies, games, politics all corrupted our souls and we needed to be saved from these evils. I thanked him and continued my own way. A radioshack...I'd never been in one, so I went inside. I looked at the different gadgets but they had lost value to me. A young boy ran up to me as I was looking at new Xbox games. "Sir! I am stuck, could you please help me?!". I looked down, he was holding a new version of what appeared to be the gameboy, playing pokémon. I smiled at him. Life's too short to play games. He said fuck you and ran off. I walked outside and looked left, my eye fell on something else.

A white castle sign... I wasn't particularly hungry, but I could not pass on such a clear sign of destiny. I opened the doors and walked towards the counter. I ordered 30 sliders, 5 french fries, and 4 large cherry cokes. The waitress laughed and promised me it'd come right up. I thanked her, waited for my order and walked towards a booth not too far from the register and sat down. I heard the door opening as I stared at my order.... "I want 30 sliders, 5 french fries, and 4 large cherry cokes". I laughed and considered the fact that she must get the joke all the time, as I stared at the logo on my cup. But the a sneaking suspicion started crawling in my stomach... The voice, I recognized it didn't I... A man holding a large platter of sliders towered over me and sat down in front of me. A big smile on his face, an even bigger on mine. An overwhelming feeling of happiness took over. "How have you been?" "Well, and you?" "Also well. It's good to see you again".

===== THE END =====

And that's when I stopped playing videogames. True Story.

Also, kind of annoying how it pastes words together, been going through it manuelly but still annoying.
Last edited by Dem : 01-13-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Enthusiast

PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community
wow, nice WoT's.. I wish I could be arsed to read it hehe
Old 01-13-2009, 02:29 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
What a truly, deeply moving story. If only it were possible for one to learn from example... But, sadly, each person must embark on his or her own spiritual or physical journey or other transformative shamanic experience, individually. Just as the journey of a thousand miles begins with an argument over whether it is dangerous to drive all night, and why can't we just stop at a hotel like last time, the individual transformative journey must start with the decision to let go of the constraints that prevent transformation, or by getting baked and watching a movie.

And, so, I still play video games on a daily basis, much to the dismay of my dear old mother, who prays for me, also on a daily basis, which, now that I think about it, is sort of ironic. Sadly, there is nothing in the theater I'm interested in seeing at this time.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Last edited by tekhedd : 01-13-2009 at 02:45 AM.