11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 01-08-2009, 01:27 AM

Skaboomatude has set foot on a distinguished road
Question Help request: Networking with a router
I have 2 desktop PC's hooked up together by router and all was good, untill.......... the monitor I had on the 2nd computer died and the 1st computer needed to have a few sugeries so the folder file thingy that aloud me to share between them is gone. I have picked up a KVM or KMV (I have been calling it a ky jelly switch) so I will have use of one monitor/moune/kb. But have NO idea how to set up the networking as some one else had done it and google has failed me. Anyone out there that can post a How to for me?
Old 01-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Enthusiast

rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community
I take it you tried doing...

Start ->
Control Panel ->
Network Setup Wizard

to see if it auto detects the other PC and sets up a network?

Try deleting the original non-functional network first though.

Don't know anything about networks.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:52 AM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Plug everything in. Go to 'Network Connections', right click on 'Local Area Connection', and click on repair. Do that on both computers. That should do it. If you have any problems, post 'em, and I'll do my best to help troubleshoot.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:15 PM

Skaboomatude has set foot on a distinguished road
Ok looks like I got it running again - thank you very much