11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Helix Developers/API (Beta)

Old 09-30-2008, 09:41 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Your API Key
At GamerDNA, one of our missions is to create a platform for all of this data that we are collecting. If it is your data, and you have put it into your profile, or your guild, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to take this data out and do cool, creative things with it.

This is a beta... in that we will be releasing services in a slow and steady way, and evolving their features and documentation over time with help from all of you.

To access any of these APIs you will need to supply your API key. It is available on the homeage of your DNA Panel (click your name in the nave bar, select "Edit GamerDNA" and it will be in the lower right of the pane).

The API key is not "secret" but we track who is doing what, so I wouldn't share it unless you want it to be abused. If you feel your key is being abused we can change your key for you. Just contact Support.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 09-30-2008, 11:34 PM

Krushchev has much to be proud of
Nice to see this site's evolution process.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:33 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Sweet.

(Elaboration here, as required by posting regulations.)

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 12-17-2008, 04:51 AM

StArCrAp has much to be proud of
Sorry this may sound like a real dumb question.
Wha is the api key and wha do i use it for.
Not very good with this kinda stuff. lol nub i know..
Old 12-17-2008, 02:47 PM

TormentoR6 has much to be proud of
sounds cool.... good work gamerdna
Old 12-17-2008, 08:22 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by StArCrAp View Post
Sorry this may sound like a real dumb question.
Wha is the api key and wha do i use it for.
Not very good with this kinda stuff. lol nub i know..
I am not one that believes in n00b questions as we are all n00bs when we first start.

Open your DNA panel (log in, click your name in the upper left click edit gamerDNA) and you will see in the lower right of the panel your API key. If you are going to use any of our API methods, you have to pass in your key. We use this to track who is making what calls so if there is spamming going on we know who to contact.

Make sense?

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 12-17-2008, 11:29 PM

not really bro ? i know how to find my key i was just wondering what i use it to do??
make sense. Basically i am asking were is my API stuff at
Old 12-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Visit the relevant blog page and have a look at the list on the right.
One available option is: "API:Warhammer:Character".

Basically this thing offers is data about WAR chars added to the site for you to use.
It is offered in an easily understandable format, so although you still need to program something to process the data, you can do with it whatever you want, and you don't have to think of some obscure way to somehow pick the data from the official WAR server.

If you want to show stats about all your guild's characters on your website, you can do that.
If you want to create a Windows program that lets people compare two characters, you can do that.

Another example is this neat widget by HeathenStorm, showcased here.
He made a web-based program that creates a graphic that is automatically updated with char stats.

The other APIs have a similar purpose, but offer different data.
I hope that clears things up a little.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:47 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Yeah Retondon8 is right. Here is something I threw together with the API:

http://360voice.gamerdna.com/houseofgamerdna.asp

It allows you to take the data off the site... and use/transform it in new ways. You have to know a bit of programming though.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:36 PM

I totally understand thank you for your help.
1 More quick question sry for buggin you
This only works on warcraft w0w and guild wars and games like that .
My question is will this work for Diablo Also?