New Releases: What upcoming games are you looking forward to?
How to Report a Post
The secrets of a successful report!
In this guide, you will learn the fundamentals of the “Report button” that is located on the top right of every post on the gamerDNA Forums. You can click it to notify a forum specialist about inappropriate posts and threads.
What the Report Post button looks like:
Where the report post button is located:
When you report a post, all Staff/Forum Specialists are notified. We strive to ensure an enjoyable experience for all members of the forum community and it is our job to maintain order and ensure every user stays within the framework of the Official Forum Rules. We evaluate each reported thread to determine if it violates the rules and if so, what action should be taken.
How to create a report:
When you click the "Alert" button graphic at the top of the post, you are
redirected to a new page where you will write the report.
It isn’t necessary to write an essay but the more information you can give us, the easier it will be for us to determine what (if any) rules have been broken so we can act on your concerns.
A single word may summarize the issue; however, “trolling” is an all-encompassing term and
- along with other single word explanations – does not always help us understand the problem.
Even staff are sometimes puzzled by short or empty reports and then we must spend time trying to understand why the post was reported.
We rely on our judgment and experience when dealing with your reports. Something that is obvious to you may appear harmless to us – since it is possible that we do not understand the intent behind a particular post and the expected action may not be taken.
Once you click the send button, all gamerDNA Forum specialists/staff are notified and will check out the issue ASAP.
Here is a short summary which will help us to moderate efficiently:
* Do write a brief, descriptive statement of why you are reporting a post.
* Do try to remain constructive and neutral in your wording.
* Do not abuse the report function. Using the report feature to harass the forum specialists/staff is not acceptable forum use, and users doing so will be dealt with accordingly.
* Do not use it to harass other players. You should not report posts just because you don’t agree with someone.
* Do not participate in bad behavior or engage in ‘fanning the flames’ within the reported thread. If someone steps out of line, report their post and then move on. The phrase “two wrongs don’t make a right” definitely applies here.
Some final thoughts:
Remember, reporting a post doesn’t give you immunity from moderator action. If you participate in inappropriate behavior, you are just as guilty as the person you are reporting.
When you submit a report, your identity remains anonymous, thus no one outside of the Forum Specialists or Community Team will know who reported the post.
There are many posts made on the forums every day and there is no way we can possibly read them all. Therefore, we rely on you, the community, to help us look for posts that violate the rules so we can work to provide a positive experience for everyone.
Depending on the backlog of reports, it may take us a while to get to the post you reported.
While it’s true that sometimes reports can “slip through the cracks”, please be patient and give us time to have a look at your report; if you do not see any moderator action taken against your report within a reasonable amount of time, it is safe to say that we decided that action was not warranted.
If you have a question about why Moderator action was (or was not) taken, please feel free to send one of us a PM.