11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 01-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
It is 2009! New year, new games. Maybe there already is a thread like this, maybe not. Whatever. This is a short list of what I think are some of the more important games for 2009. Obviously I think 4/5 of this list is utter shit, and if you have at least half a brain, so do you.

Molyneux obviously already expressed his opinion about the matter:

"Next year, well, it's all looking a bit dry. All the triple A titles came out this Christmas and while there is stuff in 2010 we can look forward to, off the top of my head I cannot think of anything next year that really excites me."

Do you agree with this God among men? Is 2009 looking like a dry year?

I probably forgot your all time favourite for this year, so just post the name and I'll add it. I

Multi-platform
Skate 2 (Q1)
Resident Evil 5 (Q1)
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin (Q1)
Street Fighter IV (Q1)
Ghostbusters (June 2009)
Afro Samurai (Q1)
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (Q1)
Operation Flashpoint II (2009)
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. (Q1)
The Crossing (2009)
Prototype (Q1)
I Am Alive (Q1)
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (Q1)
Splinter Cell: Conviction (Q2)
To End All Wars (Q2)
Bayonetta (Q3)
Mafia II (Q3)
Tekken 6 (Q3)
Fifa 2010 (Q4)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 (Q4)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Q4)
Borderlands (TBA 2009)
Wolfenstein (TBA 2009)
Alpha Protocol (Feb 2009)
Final Fantasy XIII (TBA)
Half-Life 2: Episode Three (TBA)
BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams (TBA)
Beyond Good & Evil 2 (TBA)
Alan Wake (TBA)
2 Days to Vegas (TBA)
Duke Nukem Forever (TBA)

PlayStation 3
Killzone 2 (Q1)
inFamous (Q1)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Q3)
God of War III (Q4)
Gran Turismo 5 (Q4)
Heavy Rain (TBA 2009)
Massive Action Game (TBA 2009)
L.A. Noire (TBA 2009)
Yakuza 3 (TBA)
Team Ico Project (TBA)
LittleBigPlanet 2 (TBA)

Xbox 360
Halo Wars (Q1)
Star Ocean: The Last Hope (Q1)
Halo: ODST (TBA 2009)
Dead Rising 2 (TBA)
Mass Effect 2 (TBA)
Too Human 2 (TBA)
Blue Dragon 2 (TBA)
Forza Motorsport 3 (TBA)

Wii
MadWorld (Q1)
House of the Dead: Overkill
The Legend of Zelda (TBA)

PC
The Sims 3 (Q1)
StarCraft II (TBA 2009)
All Points Bulletin (TBA)
Star Wars: The Old Republic (TBA 2009)
Diablo III (TBA)
Battlefield: Heroes (Early 2009)
Champions Online (April 24th 2009)
Deus Ex 3 (2009)
Aion (2009)
Darkfall ("2009")
Battleforge (2009)
Demigod (Feb 2009)
Warhammer Dawn of War II (Feb 2009)
Empire Total War (March 2009)
Dragon Age Origins (March 2009)
ArMA II (2009)
Guild wars 2 (2009)

PSP
Resistance: Retribution (Q1)
Patapon 2 (TBA 2009)

DS
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (Q1)
Ninokuni: The Another World (November 2009)
Scribblenauts (Fall 2009)

No More Heroes: Desperate Struggles, The Elder Scrolls V, Fallout MMOG moved to 2010.

Anything yummie?

Personally I find it striking that all the games I thought I'd never see happen seem to be on its way to a real release. Whether they'll actually make it is a different matter tho. I'm not just talking about Diablo 3 and SC2 (in the same year?), but games such as Darkfall and Duke Nukem? Really? Is that possible? Only title missing seems to be Shenmue 3 and the list of 'games that will never be released' would be complete.

Also, check out the (or rather lack of) X360 titles... And the amount of proper PC titles... And surprisingly enough also very decent PS3 titles for 2009 ;o
Old 01-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I've been following Alan Wake for a few years now and while it would be nice to see it this year, I somehow doubt it will make it. Everything else anticipated, for lack of anything else, are just sequels.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 01-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodou View Post
I've been following Alan Wake for a few years now and while it would be nice to see it this year, I somehow doubt it will make it. Everything else anticipated, for lack of anything else, are just sequels.
I think Alan Wake and Heavy Rain are by far the most ambitious titles for 2009 (excluding Dark Fall which is just totally unrealistic bordering on silly). Been following Alan Wake for a few years as well, just hope it's not gonna royally suck which these projects have a tendency to do =/
Old 01-06-2009, 10:22 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
What I want to check out this year:

Skate 2
FEAR 2
Prototype
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Half-Life 2: Episode Three
Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams
Halo Wars
Starcraft 2
All Points Bulletin
Diablo 3
Battlefield Heroes
Warhammer Dawn of War 2
Dragon Age Origins

MMOs I'm interested in trying for a demo:
Aion
Champions Online

I don't think Star Wars The Old Republic will come out this year..but if it does...I'm all over it :P

If Heavy Rain comes out I'm definitely gonna check that out on the gamerDNA office PS3
Last edited by QforQ : 01-07-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Enthusiast

koji042 has set foot on a distinguished road
I'm looking forward to:

Street Fighter IV (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Half-Life 2 Episode 3 (PC)
inFamous (PS3)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
The Legend of Zelda: something here (Wii)
Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC)
Diablo III (PC)
Guild Wars 2 (PC)
White Knight Chronicles (PS3)
Phantasy Star Portable (PSP)

I haven't really looked into any of the other games.
Last edited by koji042 : 01-07-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:53 AM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I'll not post every game I'm looking out for, but I noticed Darksiders: Wrath of War is missing.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:01 AM

pops40k has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to pops40k
2009 again has a good amount of games I want

Xbox 360
Halo Wars
Halo 3: ODST
Resident Evil 5
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Alan Wake
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Mass Effect 2
Too Human 2
Blue Dragon 2
Brutal Legend
Ninja Blade
Velvet assassin

Nintendo Wii
Fatal Frame 4
Final Fanasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (assuming this ever actually comes out)
Wii Sports Resort
The Conduit
House of the Dead: Overkill

PC
Dawn of War 2

I'm also hoping to hear nintedo make a confirmation of a new Zelda game for this year, and I want to see if Team Ninja is stilany good without their old leader or if DOA is now basically dead.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:04 AM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Why does the Darkfall date have quotes around it?
Old 01-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Asside from racing games and sports simulators, I'm looking forward to seeing almost everything mentioned. Last year left me feeling mostly cold for new releases, with most of the good stuff coming in Q3-Q4. But it has to be said that Starcraft 2, Dawn of War 2 and F.E.A.R. 2 are on the top of my list.

Alan Wake and Duke Nukem: Forever are on my "wait and see" list mostly because I'm not hopeful for a release this year (Duke for obvious reasons, Alan Wake because they may wish to spend time polishing the game for an Xmas release.)
Old 02-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Since playing the demo, I'm looking forward to Killzone 2 (PS3). I was looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII (multi) but it looks like we won't get that until Q1 2010. Damn.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy (PSP) also looks good, in a fan-boy service sort of way. Always enjoyed Power Stone, and there seem to be a few similarities.

God of War III (PS3): Hell yeah.

Heavy Rain (PS3): Fantastic graphics. Subject matter is right up my alley (I'm a sucker for forensics and mystery). May want a demo before I decide if I bite or not.

I'm also excited for whatever IGA does next with Castlevania for the DS.