11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 01-05-2009, 06:16 PM

ArtemisArtium has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to ArtemisArtium
Favorite game of all time!
What is your favorite game of all time? I know it's hard to limit it to one but try.

For myself, I have to overlook all of the old-school games like pong and such. They were fun but once the newer technology came out, it left them in the dust.

I would have to say that the Legacy of Kain games are my all-time favorite. I mean, the story line is like an narcotic. Once you see a couple of the ties, you have to delve deeper and deeper to understand it all and then you meet yourself back at the beginning with even more to figure out. (So you sift through it again.) After all, "History Abhors a Paradox."
Old 01-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Only one game has ever seen more replay from me for over a year (outside of MMOs): Super Mario Kart. The versus/PvP in that game was genius.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 01-06-2009, 05:13 AM

MRXBOXnVANBC MRXBOXnVANBC MRXBOXnVANBC
Return 2 Castle Wolfenstien . Best ever FPS ! When you lost a teamate , it seemed like a real loss !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MY BIBLE.jpg (176.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-06-2009, 08:20 AM

MisterUgly is a jewel in the community
Damn it thats a hard decision. I have way too many favorites to narrow it down to just one but in my top ten Quake 2 and Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War have stood the test of time.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Enthusiast

arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community
Hmmm...out of all the games that I replay, I'd have to say that my favorite is Dungeon Keeper. There was nothing quite as fun as building the perfect, hero-grinder dungeon or abusing your poor peons to make them work faster.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:02 PM

Bustacapz has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Bustacapz Send a message via Skype™ to Bustacapz
Fallout 1, hands down. My first ever RPG experience. I replayed it so many times, I knew all of Tycho's lines by heart.

Life in the wasteland was never so much fun.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Enthusiast

tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to tibbon Send a message via Skype™ to tibbon
One of my favorite games from back in the mid 90's was Betrayal at Krondor, which was a pretty amazing game for its time. I play that so much, and got into reading the Fantasy genre partially due to that game.

The sequels were pretty sub par, or just unrefined, even though the tried. Licensing issues got in the way, etc.

Need help? Post any bugs or issues in the Issues/Bugs Forum
imVOX Bug Tracker
imVOX Suggestions
Read the imVOX Blog
Old 01-06-2009, 05:40 PM

pops40k has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to pops40k
My favorite game of all time goes to, The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. It was the first Zelda game I really enjoyed, not a fan of the top down games. It was also the first real 3D game I played, I was a bit slow getting to the 64 bit era.

Aside from that, Even though I've played through the entire thing easily upwards of 10 time, I still get it in my N64 once a year or so for a play through. I have it on the OOT/Master Quest disc and the Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition for the Gamecube, but it just doesn't feel right without the N64 controller.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:32 AM

someguy1126 has much to be proud of
Either Majora's mask,Metal Gear Solid 3(subsistence for the much better camera), or Super mario bros. 3. It's a tie, I can't choose one.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:33 AM

ArtemisArtium has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to ArtemisArtium
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy1126 View Post
Either Majora's mask,Metal Gear Solid 3(subsistence for the much better camera), or Super mario bros. 3. It's a tie, I can't choose one.
Oh yeah, man, I know exactly how you feel with MGS3. I actually spent all day yesterday reliving MGS3. Then today I went back and played Silent Hill, MGS, Soul Reaver, Blood Omen, etc. When I got back on the 360, I was amazed at how far we have come. I mean, I think back on those games and when they first came out thinking they were flawless. (Especially MGS.)