11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > The Alternate Reality Zone

Old 01-05-2009, 11:53 PM

TheQ has much to be proud of
Possible Video Clue, Speculation..
I was looking at Benjamin Mays (VoicelessHarbringer) video again and again. Punkrawk has mentioned it twice since the sites been dead. On top of thinking
"wow, this is well rehearsed" and "Jeebus, this guy blinks a lot" I caught this.

"...bits and bytes are where the real truth can be found..."

This he mentions only in the video, not in the guild or the phone transcript.

SPECULATION:
without any other current clues, to me this says look for binary. But he's only given us one binary clue, the guild header.
this is the original as posted within the guild header:

As James-Blond states (and i can verify), this translates to: "Society Of Digital Reincarnates"
I also tried to translate this earlier, but could not because of the strange spacing. Normal binary reads 0000 0000x However with this, several of the 1's clash into the zeros. Other zeros are spaced so that they stand vertically. I tried a few passphrases on this image as you all had done for previous clues, but to no aval. Then, blurry-eyed at 2am I saw this: (GIMP Blurx2)

I'm not sure if its a clue, but i see lettering.
I see: |A?|h|D|C|a|M|d|n?|K|T?|~
(? is unknown)

Its a shame its not a word or I'd have posted it as a real clue.
please be gentle. this is my first ARG.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:35 PM

James-Blond has much to be proud of
When it comes to that image, I think a good question to ask might be, why is it that some of the ones and zeroes are seperate, while others are combined?

Although I think you might be right about that image being suspicious, I'm not sure how you're seeing letters. When I look at the blurified image, I just feel like I need glasses.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:30 AM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by James-Blond View Post
When it comes to that image, I think a good question to ask might be, why is it that some of the ones and zeroes are seperate, while others are combined?
8 bits per character, i.e. 01010011 = D
Old 01-07-2009, 02:14 AM

James-Blond has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAerosolCan View Post
8 bits per character, i.e. 01010011 = D
I realize that...what I'm wondering though, is why aren't all of the ones and zeroes equally spaced out in that image? Why doesn't it just give us 01010011 or 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1? Why is it... 0 10 10 0 1 1

It's probably nothing...but you never know.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:59 AM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Oh, I see what you mean. It's just the way the font is. Imagine an alarm clock, the number "10" would have the "1" and the "0" close together, but "01" would look like the numbers were further apart.