11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Leader Support

Old 03-09-2009, 06:03 PM

autoawesomeon has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to autoawesomeon
My company has about 500 domains registered with GoDaddy. No complaints. And they spoil their employees, so if you do happen to need any help from customer service, they're eager to help. If you just need domains, then I'd say go there. But if you're looking for hosting too, I wouldn't recommend them for that. Most hosting companies offer a free domain when you start a new account, but the renewal costs tend to be way too high. I'd say score the free domain from the host and then later transfer it to a cheaper registrar.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:16 PM

yeticakes has much to be proud of
1&1 is what I use. They offer great deals and I've never had an issue with them or customer service.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:52 PM

Sinaxis has much to be proud of
Ok I am kinda newb on this stuff. I have tried a few things and wasted a lot of money. I am hoping you guys (and gals) can help me find what I am looking for. I need something easy and not real technical to use where I can have my own name like www.whateverichoose.com to start with. I also would like to be able to create a main page and forums and have different pages where I can have creative control over them.
I tried Godaddy and after wasting money on them, found out theier control panelt and site building tools did not give me the control I needed. What really turned me off was not being bale to host the forums at the same site. I was able to create one forum that lead to a diff site where i had no control over the forums. I have also looked at bluehost and downthe. Bluehost may work, but I just dont know if they will offer the main page, forum control and multiple pages i need. Downthe just doesnt seem bery good, almost like someone stopped workin on it. Sorry to blabber so long, I hope I made enough sense for someoneto help me out.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:54 PM

Sinaxis has much to be proud of
Sorry, I should have put this in the first post. What I intend to do is host a site for my guild the Freemasons for Mortal online. The purpose of this site will be to handle in game business transactions such as people /guilds placing orders for and buying gear or items in game, selling things to us etc etc. I need forums and multiple pages with a lot of control.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:45 PM

Retsamypoc is community member of note
It's hard to find a proper guild hosting site for a game that hasn't some out yet,if you google "wow guild hosting" you'll def find a good few pages.So either build it from scratch with html , dhtml and css or ...
Old 06-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Famous Member

Crystalia is a jewel in the community Crystalia is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Crystalia Send a message via MSN to Crystalia Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalia
I've read several of you recommend GoDaddy so far... The company I work for uses their hosting service both for their e-mails and websites and we've had tons of problem with them.

The support they offer is very mediocre. They'll do anything to NOT help you out if they can.

I would not recommend GoDaddy to anyone... and if you do a google search you'll find tons of reviews that say the same.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:38 AM

-Hoplite has much to be proud of
Godaddy is best in my opinion but ive never seen 1and1

plus godaddy has a hot chick :P
Old 10-22-2009, 11:35 AM

NotU is a jewel in the community
Been using 1and1.com for years and have never had an issue.

My Website