11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 12-19-2008, 09:50 AM

pittzu has much to be proud of
Challenge link broken
either that or my clicker finger is broken, the spark of genius challenge loading pop-up appears for about 1 second, then disappears. I tried to follow it, but it was just too damn quick.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
The Spark of Genius Challenge?
It didn't sound familiar, but apparently it's one of the old ones from when gDNA was still GuildCafe.
Some of them were kept during the transition, but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to the rest anywhere on the actual site.
These are the ones that do still exist (although ones you earned already aren't on that page anymore).
You're a new member too, so no idea why you'd see old stuff.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:09 PM

Arasma has much to be proud of
Im having the same problem, is it definitely an old challenge?:S
Old 02-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
Yeah, i'm thinkin that it is. Last i knew they were working to re-do all the challenge bits in some way, shape, or form. I know some ppl still get the old ones through a gDNA staff member if the staff member feels that they fit the title/challenge.

Initially I had put forth some effort for both the spark of genius and the silver plume, but I never heard back from the admin that managed the plume, and gDNA has such a HUGE list of upcoming updates that I think some of the old ones are not really focused on anymore- (not to say thats a bad thing, I cant wait to see whats coming up in the updates) I pretty much stopped efforts on the ones that didnt track automatically until something new comes out from the staff- Except for tracking bugs, cause that just helps everyone!

Kaimera-
Old 02-25-2009, 09:20 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Ok how does it look now? It should have never been able to appear on that list as it is a binary achievement. You either have it or you don't... there is no progress. So I cleaned up the data.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 02-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
Seems fine in IE 7! Although it doesnt have a really kewl image like all the others on the challenge list... lol Who is the new person to contact for the Vox stuff when you submit an article that you have written? I tried the person listed when I posted my article a month or so ago, but didnt hear anything from the PM. Lemme know so I can submit another one to try and get da silver plume!

Kaimera-
Old 02-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I never saw the "Spark" myself, so can't say anything about that.

If you open your list of challenges here, click the "Shutterbug Challenge", and the "Upload Images" button/link, you'll still get the old DNA Panel.
This is probably something already known, to be updated later, but I'll mention it just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaimerasPain View Post
Who is the new person to contact for the Vox stuff when you submit an article that you have written?
I keep meaning to look up what this "PlayerVox Articles" thing was/is exactly, but always feel too lazy to.
The forum redirects to GamerDNA Life, so I thought/think it's a GuildCafe leftover.
Apparently it's about submitting a proper article to be posted on the site, correct?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah, i submitted a 5 page proper article here, and sent out a PM to the person that was originally listed for the article stuff, but she never got back to me. I would imagine that i just happened to stumble into the older stuff somehow and posted an article for the pure enjoyment of the gamerDNA community! Its my pleasure though, Im kinda a chatterbox anyway.

Oh, and I have no clue how, but I have the spark! I guess one of my million ideas was worth a little something hehehehehehehehe *beams a confident smile of success!* am going to see if somethin i mentioned gets implemented in the future, that would rock!

Gotta love this community- has a WAY interactive staff... was posting on ign and had a few member hits, but the staff is like zombies--- kinda like the teacher in Ferris Beullers day off.... "Beuller.......Beuller......" They suk.

Kaimera-
Old 02-26-2009, 12:56 AM
Savant

Congrats!
Ah, that article; I skimmed it very quickly when you posted it, but haven't actually read it yet.
I should, I will.

I say it's a good thing if you want to contribute for the sake of contribution, not just because of a shiny new badge.
And yes, I also think it's fun to talk about games, gaming, and everything connected to it.
This site allows us to do that in some pretty nice ways.

Every time I read some of the comments on YouTube, GameTrailers, or pretty much everywhere (flaming, blind fanboyism, trolling, general childishness), I come to enjoy the gDNA community even more.
Having the staff actually be a part of it (by listening, acting, responding) definitely makes it better for me as well.

Three cheers for the gDNA community!
Old 02-26-2009, 01:44 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Hey guys, the PlayerVox stuff is some old leftovers from when we were GuildCafe. It was a place where we would write articles about running guilds better, things in MMORPGs, etc. We decided to do away with that part of the site...so that's the reason why you haven't heard anything about it :P

We are redoing the badges system and we have some pretty cool/exciting ideas on how to highlight members of our community. You can see one of those ways in our Member Newsletters (which you were a part of Retodon8! ). I'll continue to do those newsletters as often as possible (at least monthly) and you'll hopefully see more ways we spotlight community members in the near future.