11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > The Alternate Reality Zone

Old 12-18-2008, 01:16 AM

randomeis has set foot on a distinguished road
TLoJT in the press
We have had some places write about our little game today so I thought I would share them here!

http://wikibruce.com/2008/12/wow-the...f-julian-teng/

Quote:
WoW, The Legacy of Julian Teng
Posted by: thebruce in ARGs General, Video games

Add Comment
In 2006, ARGNet published a year-in-review article in which the idea was raised of running ARGs in virtual worlds such as Second Life and World of Warcraft. As a twist, Rez Nation even broadcast a podcast from within Second Life.

Today, Wikibruce received a trailhead, to which I’m obliged to respond: OMGKLOO!

A new ARG is underway incorporating the alternate reality of World of Warcraft - but not exclusively. Developed for GamerDNA, it’s called “The Legend of Julian Teng”, and is set to incorporate the WoW MMORPG, puzzles and mysteries, and likely a number of real-world (or, non-WoW) events, locations, and interactions.

The story behind “The Legacy of Julian Teng”
Brian Morgan and his friends started playing World of Warcraft to stay in touch last summer, but Brian’s research into the mysterious Tunguska event and the life of Julian Teng has caused them to grow further apart than they could have imagined. The last time anyone saw Brian Morgan he was playing a Tauren called Tunguska on Korialstrasz in World of Warcraft in mid-November. Nobody has heard from him since.
Wikibruce had already been asked by a community member to set up a wiki, which is now live at JulianTeng.Wikibruce.com. To catch up on events, visit Brian’s friends’ guild website buds.gamerdna.com. Here’s the video of Brian’s friends as they discover him strangely missing:

And now, I present two exclusive Julian Teng clues - two of a few that have apparently been sent to various websites. This clue came with the filename “3.jpg”

another image 1.jpg has also been found