11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 08-13-2009, 05:46 AM
Enthusiast

WILDMAMMOTH has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycotting View Post
halo? forreal.. lets be honest with ourselves, i might get bashed to no end for this but ill take it., but that game was way overrated...
If anyone is going to bash you for it, then they're going to have to bash me for it too...

I don't have a single favorite, I like them for different reasons. For Co-op it's Left 4 Dead, for other multiplayer modes it's Modern Warfare, for controls it's Metroid Prime 3, and for graphics and single player it's Bioshock.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:52 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
I'd also have to go with L4D and Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare has some cool little twists, like the final few moments of Sgt. Jackson's life after he crawls out of the heli and looks at the mushroom cloud. That was just....spooky.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
If Mecha is talking about Halo CE, Halo 2 or series as whole I'd say good choice. But if one were to say Halo 3 I'd have to check their medication. I still say MLG should've rejected H3 and stuck with H2 as the staple game of the league.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
I like The halo series mostly for the MP but its not the best.
The Doom series is my favorite.
as for a single game Goldeneye for sure.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:21 AM
Enthusiast

KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community
meh i have to disagree with anyone saying L4D for co-op.. its great that co-op is so easy to get into, but System shock 2 is so much more fun co-op, and so much deeper.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:27 AM

Torinir has much to be proud of
In the "For the lolz" category - Shadow Warrior
But I've always been partial to the UT series.

L4D made zombie shooters overrated, imo.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Enthusiast

Bonemane is a jewel in the community Bonemane is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Bonemane Send a message via MSN to Bonemane Send a message via Yahoo to Bonemane Send a message via Skype™ to Bonemane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torinir View Post
In the "For the lolz" category - Shadow Warrior
But I've always been partial to the UT series.

L4D made zombie shooters overrated, imo.
Yeah for pure non-stop hilariously insane action I nominate the first Unreal Tournament, preferrably "Game of the Year Edition". Get this game if you dont have it and download some of the player mods like the weapon thats a nuclear warhead and you'll see why this game hurdles over other FPS's.

I really can't choose between GoldenEye and UT though. With GoldenEye the game was just so amazing; the multiplayer was fantastic too. Every now and then I get the craving to play it, unfortunately I don't have it anymore

Last edited by Bonemane : 08-15-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:41 AM

Holty has much to be proud of
Have to agree with the GoldenEye choices. It was a great game to play with your mates. Some other high mentions would be the whole CoD series for me.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:35 AM

Raven85 has much to be proud of
for me the best FPS is COD4. I love it soo much specially when playing SnD with friends. Apart from that for the single player experience, the COD4 campaign is also very good (its too short though). Other FPS games i like for the campaign include Far Cry and Crysis.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:23 PM

Dswal has much to be proud of
The best FPS game for me is Team Fortress 2, Followed by the Cod Series.

Best Co-op Fps games, would have to be Rainbow 6 series and Splinter cell. Splinter cell because i just loved its style and when there is 2 players it forces you 2 to think together to solve hurdles and the AI. Rainbow 6 because its a tactical shooter, which at times doesn't need thinking but at others requires quite a bit.