11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 12-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
L4D for me as well. It surprised me in ways I didn't know I could be surprised.

Also, I almost forgot, but this was prolly even a bigger surprise for me... The World ends with you. I'm not a Square Enix fan (in fact, I'm pretty much the opposite), but this was a game that I truly truly loved and I just did not expect to be this cool and weird.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:16 AM

DePadova has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to DePadova
I would have to say Dead Space. Then again, I think we all thought that was going to suck thanks to EA.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:36 PM

jarrixi has much to be proud of
Left 4 Dead for me as well.

Friend talked about it for like a year and I was all like "Eh...zombies..."

Then it comes out and my friends like, "You need to get this game." Again, "Eh...Zombies..."

Then he brings it over and we play and I'm all like, "Wow! Zombies!!!"

Definately a much much better game than I had imagined or hoped.

Now it's on my Xmas list.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:34 PM

Encima has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Encima
Warhammer Online definitely surprised me, I'm usually not into fantasy MMOs (they turn me off quick), but mechanics and such in this game lets me look past the skin.

I wrote a story about it too.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Enthusiast

koji042 has set foot on a distinguished road
I would also go with Dead Space. It was a surprisingly solid game coming from EA.
Hopefully, this means that EA is more willing to take risks in making new IPs.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Enthusiast

Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community
For me, it was a very un-hyped game that surprised me the most. That game was Legendary for the XBox 360. I asked for it for Christmas because I saw that it was a fairly cheap 360 title that had looked interesting to me when I found out about it several months ago.

Well, as Christmas drew nearer I got curious and looked at the Metacritic score for Legendary...Not good at all. I tried not to get downhearted, but there were just too many negative reviews.

Christmas came around and I started playing Legendary and...I was pleasently surprised. Once you get around the fact that it isn't the most big-budget, market-shattering title out there, and start to just enjoy it as, perhaps a game that would have been released a couple years ago, it's really pretty good. As a fan of mythology, this game was really quite good. There's plenty of little informational tidbits about lesser known mythos, and hunting gryphons and werewolves in modern NYC with shotguns and automatic rifles is just plain cool.

Anyway...I rant too much *gets off soap box*
Old 01-04-2009, 09:56 PM

pops40k has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to pops40k
For me the biggest suprise was actually Rainbow 6: Vegas 2.

Rainbow 6 is a title that I've obviously known has been around a while but I didn't like the earlier games in the series and never bothered to pick another one up. I played a friends copy of this game and then had to get it and it's the only shooting game I've put any real time into since.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:18 AM

BaboonOfTheYard is a jewel in the community BaboonOfTheYard is a jewel in the community
I think Wii Music definitely surprised me. I didn't have high hopes for it when I first heard about it, but now it's the only game on the Wii that I play :P
"The power of 7 is a major influence in the world. From ancient writings, to days of the week, to number of Harry Potter books, to alchemical thingies, to "Shichinin no samurai" - seven has indeed proven itself as a lucky number."
-ThinkGeek
Old 01-05-2009, 04:47 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Mine also happened to be Warhammer Online and im a veteran of MMOs im a addict to them, its really impressed me when everything pointed to absolute crud nuggets. I'm not sure what maybe its the World PvP locations, the daily quests, scenarios but something made me like it beyond all the stuff i was told like it was a WoW clone and etc
Old 01-05-2009, 01:30 PM

metza has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to metza Send a message via MSN to metza
Warhammer Online for me as well. The RvR is awesome and I love my Zealot. I'm on a break from it at the moment, but that's purely because I want to finish levelling on my new PC and properly enjoy every aspect of the game, instead of just sticking to what my current comp can handle. I can't even play WoW again in the meantime because it just can't compare. WAR has ruined me XD

Mirror's Edge as well. There was so much complaining about it but I really adore everything about it. The gameplay, the setting, the story, the theme. It might be short, but it's the one game of 2008 that I would honestly live in if I could.