11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 12-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraj View Post
But I now they need to make a DLC, a pack mule!
Just so long as we don't get any DLC like Horse Armor.

As for what game surprised me, I would have to say it would be The Force Unleashed. I kind of had an idea how it would play out, but to find out that your character could single-handedly destroy AT-STs and Star Destroyers with just the Force. That over the top destruction was one thing missing from previous Star Wars games. Now they just need to combine that premise with a decent story like in KotOR, and the result could quite possibly be the best Star Wars game ever.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:30 AM

doxxan is community member of note
The Force Unleashed was good, aye, but I listened all too much on the hype and got somewhat... disapointed. Still, good game

"What is darkness? It doesn't exist where there's light, and without light, it's nothing..."
Old 12-11-2008, 12:35 PM

michtymog has set foot on a distinguished road
I'm too busy playing old DOS games and stuff from the 80s and 90s to get caught up playing all these new-fangled games.

The last game that overwhelmed me was back in 1991 when they re-released Exile. Oh, and Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade (The point and click adventure.)
Old 12-11-2008, 01:18 PM

KreedGhost is a jewel in the community KreedGhost is a jewel in the community
For me I would say it is a tie between
Destroy all Humans: Path of the Furon (xbox360). The game was good and what is better then jumping into the role of an alien who wants to rule, kill humans and destory things, but also has a soft spot for humans and

also

Saints Row 2, the customization of the character was great, the story was amazing and I like all the new additions to it.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:35 PM

claidhmore has much to be proud of
Bladestorm for the 360. Koei had turned me off with the Dynasty Warriors games, but then I gave this a try and now I've been checking out some of their other games... I can't pinpoint why, but Bladestorm was fun to me.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:20 PM

YannieBoy has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to YannieBoy Send a message via MSN to YannieBoy Send a message via Yahoo to YannieBoy
Left 4 Dead surprised me for sure. I was a little hesitant of buying it. I went to play the game to figure out what the whole big deal about it. After playing it for a little bit, I was hooked and had to get my own copy to play with friends online.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Enthusiast

tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to tibbon Send a message via Skype™ to tibbon
Braid and Geometry Wars 2. I hadn't heard much of either prior, and they were amazing games. Mega Man 9 shocked me, because I didn't believe that anyone would dare to make a game that hard ever again.

To be honest, so many other things were well overhyped to the degree that I didn't really end up enjoying them as much as the hype tried to convince me I would.

Need help? Post any bugs or issues in the Issues/Bugs Forum
imVOX Bug Tracker
imVOX Suggestions
Read the imVOX Blog
Old 12-11-2008, 08:12 PM

Eloora is a cornerstone of the community Eloora is a cornerstone of the community Eloora is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Eloora Send a message via MSN to Eloora
Since I don't play console games, I can only comment on online games. And to be honest, nothing that came out this year impressed me much. The big titles like Age of Conan and Warhammer were sad disappointments, with a few brief moments of enjoyment here and there.

So I guess the title that surprised me this year has to be WoW and its latest expansion, Wrath of the Lich King. Sure I might have quit playing for a few months here and there to try other games, but I always come back. A decent guild and some good friends definitely help, but ultimately it's the playability of WoW that keeps me sub'd.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:33 PM

MrsKniceGuy has much to be proud of
Lost Odyssey was the big surprise for me - it's the first game that ever made me weep. Literally, I cried so hard I couldn't play at one point. I hadn't been into a story like that before (and I've played a LOT of RPGs), and really enjoyed the experience.

Fallout 3 is another. I knew it would be good. I just didn't realize HOW good.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Enthusiast

Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community
Definitely L4D. I am easily scared and not a fan of zombies at all, but the co-op campaign has been brilliantly executed and is a lot of fun with friends.