11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 01-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Mia is reading it right now, and last I checked with her she said it was very different than the movie.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:48 AM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarinth View Post
Saw it yesterday. I'll add my recommendation: it's about the best film I've seen in some time. And yes, Michael Caine was at the top of his game--age has only added to his powers. I won't spoil anything, but know that there's a scene with his character toward the midpoint of the film that's amongst the most moving and unforgettable of any that's ever been made. You'll know what I was talking about when you see it.

Not recommended for a first-date movie, though

I ordered a copy of P.D. James's book. From the first page, it reads like it might have some significant differences from the film adaptation. Anyone read it yet?

On a related note, I really enjoyed the art direction: but I couldn't stop thinking of Half-Life 2 the whole time!
I'm having a hard time understanding how they got that movie form this book! But it's still a good read. Unfortunately it's taking me forever to read it.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:25 AM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Okay - finished the book. Let me know when you are done Tarinth - 'cuz I can;t wait to discuss it with someone.