11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 01-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Children of Men
Just got back from seeing this and I thought it was a great movie. Very disturbing in a way that makes you think.

Has anyone read the book this was based on?
Old 01-05-2007, 09:51 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Don't give away anything, but what's it about? From what I've seen the women are infertile, and then one of them gets pregnant and the warring factions fight over her? It does look interesting though, and I'll probably see it.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
That's about it in a nutshell. It takes place in the none too distant future of about 20 years from now - and the whole world has gone to hell. No babies have been born in 18 years.

Michael Caine was fantastic in this - but I'm a big Michael Caine fan - so maybe I'm biased.

(something I read or saw gave away the ending, but I still enjoyed it).
Old 01-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Reality Escapist

LaiAhnaCharro is a jewel in the community LaiAhnaCharro is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to LaiAhnaCharro
I haven't yet seen it. I think I will though. Sounds interesting.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:13 AM
Must Be Evil

Alright - I'm off to the bookstore to buy the book.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:31 AM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
I really liked it, but then again, i'm a sucker for post-apocalypticish (If that's what you call them, i wouldn't know.) stories.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:11 AM
Enthusiast

Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Ama-Ebi Send a message via MSN to Ama-Ebi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia View Post
That's about it in a nutshell. It takes place in the none too distant future of about 20 years from now - and the whole world has gone to hell. No babies have been born in 18 years.

Michael Caine was fantastic in this - but I'm a big Michael Caine fan - so maybe I'm biased.

(something I read or saw gave away the ending, but I still enjoyed it).
I havent seen this yet, but I've never seen a bad movie with Michale Caine in it. Even if he has 2 lines as a hot dog salesman in the background, the guy totally makes the movie.

Ama-Ebi Unagi Zahira Daja
Old 01-06-2007, 02:23 AM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Loved the movie.

Michael Caine is a legend, I'm a big fan of Clive Owen and love "post-apocolyptic / everything's gone to hell" movies. So maybe my opinion is biased. But the movie was awesome.

The entire style in which some scenes were shot were absolutely brilliant. Reminded me a bit of gaming, you're very close to the action. Everything's going fast, there's stuff happening outside the camera angle you see too late. Loved it.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:27 AM
Must Be Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dem. View Post
Loved the movie.

Michael Caine is a legend, I'm a big fan of Clive Owen and love "post-apocolyptic / everything's gone to hell" movies. So maybe my opinion is biased. But the movie was awesome.

The entire style in which some scenes were shot were absolutely brilliant. Reminded me a bit of gaming, you're very close to the action. Everything's going fast, there's stuff happening outside the camera angle you see too late. Loved it.

Yeah - I actually can't wait now to see it on DVD! It will be the first movie that I pick apart in slow-mo and pause so I can examine all the background details - like the graffiti on the walls.

Picked up the book - so I'll let y'all know what I think of it when I'm done.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:01 PM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
Saw it yesterday. I'll add my recommendation: it's about the best film I've seen in some time. And yes, Michael Caine was at the top of his game--age has only added to his powers. I won't spoil anything, but know that there's a scene with his character toward the midpoint of the film that's amongst the most moving and unforgettable of any that's ever been made. You'll know what I was talking about when you see it.

Not recommended for a first-date movie, though

I ordered a copy of P.D. James's book. From the first page, it reads like it might have some significant differences from the film adaptation. Anyone read it yet?

On a related note, I really enjoyed the art direction: but I couldn't stop thinking of Half-Life 2 the whole time!

Disruptor Beam -- Facebook RPGs