11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 12-12-2008, 07:31 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
As art, this video spoke to me. I am personally only one generation away from one in which girls were not educated because they were, well... girls. The fact that I am "only a girl" is like water to the fish for me. A feeling ingrained that must be fought against and fight I do. I am glad if some women don't feel this. Good. Who needs this crap. Still I feel for women in situations around the world where the law does not support their humanity or their contribution.

It's really been interesting to see how some of you reacted to the video though. It's given me some insight I think.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodou View Post
I think I've figured it out. . .

You're a sexually repressed woman.
I wrote it while wearing my moms clothes. This is true yes.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Enthusiast

rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community
There seems to be a critical fact missing from that video, either that or I am super sleepy and somehow missed it... this is an ad for an actual program, which actually works (as in the working design) as the video states.

http://www.girleffect.org/
Old 12-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Enthusiast

n0mad has taken things to a new low n0mad has taken things to a new low
Send a message via MSN to n0mad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabb1t View Post
There seems to be a critical fact missing from that video, either that or I am super sleepy and somehow missed it... this is an ad for an actual program, which actually works (as in the working design) as the video states.

http://www.girleffect.org/

well i went to the site and it's the video plus some facts after, the facts which r true but 1 fact they mentioned just confused me it was

"When a girl in a developing world receives 7 or more years of education, she marries 4 years later, and has 2.2 less children"

Did i read this wrong or it means if the girls get better education they have less children, i mean how the **** does that connect?

This is a big problem because in the world mortality v. natality rate is almost going in favor for the mortality rate, i mean on europe i think there is around 1 child per family average i think, in any case it's small. Can someone plz oh plz explain this fact to me.

oh yeah and i almost forgot

how do makers of this program think the authorities from their respected countries will be able to help when those girls live in places where the goverment or whoever is in charge does not give a **** or does not want to change 100's of years of tradition or something like that.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
If you receive education you simply have less time to do other things, including making babies.
Sleeping with somebody is a pastime that's both fun and cheap.
Only afterwards, when you have a baby, or more, is when things become more complicated.
An education should also teach you that the above is not the optimal way, which also means less babies born.
I think that is at least part of it.

In the richer parts of the world people with educations and careers are less likely to have children as well.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Enthusiast

if that is true than it's bs.

because what's our whole point of existing if not to tend to our children making the world a better place for them to live and grow, and if it's true and educated people have less and less time for making and tending to kids than i fear we are going to leave a dark and gloomy place for our next generations to live in.

forget about project girl, we're gonna need project kids if things go like this. And i don't mean to watch out for them but to make people have them. China had to enforce a rule 1 kid per family (the first kid has all the benefits from the country once u have the second kid the first one looses benefits too), i guess europe and west will have to enforce 2 kids per family (whether u like it or not) just to keep our population number steady from decline

I wish i lived in middle ages things were much simpler then (if u live that is)
Old 12-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
About the subject, footage from early in the film Idiocracy below.
It has a couple of swear words in it, so don't view if you're too young or easily offended.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Idiocracy is a must see. It's simply amazing, it has electrolytes.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Enthusiast

no comment
Old 12-15-2008, 09:06 PM

Tsigeyusv is a cornerstone of the community Tsigeyusv is a cornerstone of the community Tsigeyusv is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Tsigeyusv Send a message via Yahoo to Tsigeyusv
I'm dumbfounded that people just don't understand. The entire world is not all the United States. Try reading some books once in a while. The Kite Runner does a good job of explaining Afghanistan, for instance. In fact, its a movie now, too, isn't it?

I remember reading about how some young girls in Africa needed to spend the entire day fetching water for their village, so that there was no time in the day for the girls to receive any education. One year, some Peace Corps (or other type of group) came through their area, and brought some rolling drums in which water could be stored. The boys of the village thought rolling the drums was fun, so they participated in the fetching of water. Since the drums held much more water than a jug balanced on a girl's head, the water could be fetched in a much shorter time. This enabled the girls as well as the boys to receive an education, which brought more prosperity to the village- all because of a simple, plastic water jug that could be rolled.
Try reading "Three Cups of Tea". It helps show the power of education, especially education for girls, who are seen as little more than poccessions that are near worthless to many men in parts of the world.
I also love the small loan programs, and the heifer project. It is amazing what a little bit can do for people who have so little, but are willing to work.