11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > The Alternate Reality Zone

Old 12-09-2008, 03:52 AM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
We need more peeps!
To anybody coming into this:
I'm just a poster on GamerDNA but I would absolute LOVE to see this project of theirs in full bloom. We've now established it's a game; but it seems the only peeps actively playing are Aerosol and myself.

We need more peeps participating!
As they've mentioned in another thread:
If you're not big into RP'ing, hang out here in the OCC and play along with the puzzles in the Meta game. If you suck at puzzles, you could always hop in as a character and contribute to the dialogue on the Just Buds page.

To the Puppetmaster and the peeps behind the curtain:
Aside from just spamming every forum and community we know, what could we do as players as well as members of the community to possibly rake in more peeps?

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 12-09-2008, 04:58 AM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I concur
Old 12-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
I still don't get it.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:41 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
It seems to be a story with puzzles. You have to figure out the puzzles to get more of the story. This is my first ARG, so I'm still learning. I just really like solving puzzles.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:45 PM
I hate hippies

Also, we found this one out, but I think generally you're not supposed to know if you're playing an ARG. On this website, www.unfiction.com (thanks Randomeis), it seems that ARGs are supposed to feel as real as possible.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
I'm sort of playing it to! Kinda.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:37 PM

randomeis has set foot on a distinguished road
Lightbulb
revlazaro, You all as the players are the most important resource this games has, players are often the way word of a game spreads. In fact player generated content is encouraged! Here are some I just woke up this morning random ideas. But please don't limit yourself to them.

Blogs:
If you have a blog you could talk about the game
Forums:
If you are involved in any other forums; or know forums that would be interested in hearing about a new ARG or are really into WoW, you could post something about it in an appropriate section.
If they allow you to customize your signatures you could add something to the bottom linking people to the game.
Social Media:
Talking about the game in your updates
Friending an in-game char in a service they may have a profile on (hint there are a few of these ^_^)

Real Life

Street team:
You could post and Lost Tauren sign ^_^
You could talk to your friends about the game

Those are just some random ideas, what are things do you think you could do?

EAC, The question about not letting on that an ARG isn't real is called "This is not a game" (TINAG). This will always be true for in-game characters, this is their world and most times they will ignore any statement saying that this is a game. A lot of games have "meta" / "OOC" boards like this to keep the characters from having to ignore too much speculation.
When TINAG is extended to the players and held on too strongly it can be hard for people to relax and have fun. That is one reason I enjoy boards like this where you can go to be sure that it isn't a game.
And the truth is that 90% of games these days will at some point will at least wink at the players to let them know that it is a game.

Sensational, I don't think revlazaro meant to leave you out, thanks for your continued participation ^_^
Old 12-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Ehhh, it sounds kind of fun. I don't play WoW and I still have no idea what the fuck, but ill sign up for that buddy thing and see if i can make any sense out of this.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
I think WoW is just one of many platforms they're using. The thing about ARG's is they can have clues scattered over any "real life" media: Youtube videos, fake blogs, characters in MMO's, strange advertisements that pop up and the players go "Oh crap, that was for us." It's not even limited to the web; depending on the amount of resources the Puppetmasters are willing to expend it can include real phone numbers to call, billboards, secret messages, even fake news articles or want ads.

It's also very RPG'ish. Anything we post on Just Buds is essentially "in character." Anything we say here is, well, out of characer.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade