11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Tabletop Games

Old 12-13-2008, 02:12 PM

KreedGhost is a jewel in the community KreedGhost is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaboonOfTheYard View Post
That sounds like a lot of fun! Is it a live chat-room type thing, a forum, an email system, or what? I'd like to get into that!
Baboon you can check out this thread, this will be the thread used for the campaign, for information, questions and such until everything is set. http://www.gamerdna.com/showthread.php?t=30639
Old 12-13-2008, 06:22 PM

BaboonOfTheYard is a jewel in the community BaboonOfTheYard is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by revlazaro View Post
Players who -- whether they realize it or not -- walk away with your dice.
Oh yeah, me and my friends did that a lot back when we played Warhammer 40K. But we all had so many dice it didn't really matter.

And thanks for the advice! I will probably get the pound of dice from Chessex as well if I get into the game.
"The power of 7 is a major influence in the world. From ancient writings, to days of the week, to number of Harry Potter books, to alchemical thingies, to "Shichinin no samurai" - seven has indeed proven itself as a lucky number."
-ThinkGeek
Old 12-14-2008, 02:03 AM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Ah sweet you are/were a 40K player?
Then you're definitely gonna do alright in tabletop RPG's.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 12-15-2008, 11:40 PM

BaboonOfTheYard is a jewel in the community BaboonOfTheYard is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by revlazaro View Post
Ah sweet you are/were a 40K player?
Then you're definitely gonna do alright in tabletop RPG's.
Yup. 810 point Space Marine army. I know, everyone does Space Marines, but I didn't know that when I chose them. Still, it's a fun game. My friend had Tyranids though, and he had those four-armed guys, that had some special ability, I can't remember what it was. Something like, if you miss the save roll on their first attack you get to reroll. Anyway, I basically had to destroy his army before those guys got to me or I was done for. Then I bought some Assault Terminators, and did somewhat better. He still beat me almost every time, though.\

EDIT: Exciting news! For christmas I got a 7-piece dice set and two of the DnD 4.0 rulebooks! It's pretty awesome, I've just finished making my character. Now I just have to get my friends together and finally I can play the game!
"The power of 7 is a major influence in the world. From ancient writings, to days of the week, to number of Harry Potter books, to alchemical thingies, to "Shichinin no samurai" - seven has indeed proven itself as a lucky number."
-ThinkGeek
Last edited by BaboonOfTheYard : 12-25-2008 at 08:44 PM.