11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 12-04-2008, 08:23 PM

Reimu has much to be proud of
Blackshot!
Host: Outspark

What's there to say about Blackshot? Itís a pretty good game in my opinion. It's fast paced and pretty addicting. Iíve gotten a lot of people saying it looks like Combat Arms but then, looks can be decieving. Combat Arms was pretty horrible due to hackers, glitchers and borked knifing. The only attractive element to Combat Arms was weapon customization, and even that wasnít very good. If we compare and contrast CA (Combat Arms) to BS (Blackshot) thereís a huge difference. For one thing, hits register a lot better in BS than in CA. That was the first thing that sold BS to me and made me love it over Combat Arms. Anyways, BS is great in respects that the gameplay varies rather than just having 2 objectives (a la Counter Strike) with a PvE mode (Bunker Defense, reminiscent of Starcraft), a Capture the Flag mode, and a Counter-Strike-style bomb a target mode, regardless of your playstyle you should be able to find something that interests you in here. Blackshot doesnít have overly high requirements which is a life saver to those who canít afford a killer rig.
Hereís the requirement breakdown:

Gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_68HtGmbqL4
Old 12-29-2008, 06:04 PM

Tayamane has much to be proud of
I played BlackShot in both CBTs, and I can't wait for OBT to come out. The arcade style of the bunker defense was what I started with, and that pretty much pulled me in.

I also played Combat Arms, and I do agree that it has some major problems. One other reason that I prefer BlackShot to Combat Arms is that you don't buy weapons for an amount of days. You buy any weapon you want for 1 to 30 hours, and the weapon's time only goes down when you actually use it in a game, which is great for people like me who get bored easily and switch games constantly. You do have one rifle and one sniper that are both unlimited, which ensures that you will always be able to play. Sure you don't get to customize your weapons, but the variety of weapons makes up for that as well.

BlackShot is a must-play for all fans of free shooters like myself. They are saying that it is to be released in December, but now that the new year is almost upon us, I truly don't think that it will be. There were some major server issues that they are probably still fixing up. I'm still looking forward to its release, no matter when it will be.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:01 PM

BFO has much to be proud of
yea, i stopd playn combat arms cuz to many hackers, even tho im a bit faster then the wallers its the aimboters that ticked me off the most....i havent playd BS yet but im hopen it will keep me hookd and busy for a while. Also i love the idea of wepon time going down when its being used, that got my attention real fast .

then theres the "bunker defense" that got my attention also since its the first time i heard of a free mmofps that had a PVE option game mode :') i just love unlimited killn for some resion. plus all that bloodshed is a nice touch

then theres the chars, 4-5 diffrent options all with there own background and personalitys and speciltys also 2 female and 2 male evens the odds a bit and also shows no discrimintaion .

yea ill stop now im ranting sorry.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:20 PM

Tayamane has much to be proud of
It's a game that's truly worth ranting about, which doesn't happen very often. I believe they last announced for it to go OBT late January/early February.