11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 03-07-2009, 04:03 PM

Corpsecrank has set foot on a distinguished road
I learned a long time ago that a free FPS game is never going to be worth the time however I hoped this one would change my opinion of that.

It did not.

I started playing this back when it was released and it sucked balls. I did not just give up on it because it was still new. I waited for patches and more patches and then some more.

Every time I ever logged into this game it was disappointing to say the least.

Do yourself a big favor and get a real FPS such as COD4 or COD5. Hell even MOHAA despite the insane amount of cheaters and it's age is still much much more enjoyable to play than this game ever was for me.

Summary:

The Good:
Free to download and play
Decent selection of weapons and goodies
Can be played very easily on full settings even on very old systems
Still plenty of other players actively playing the game
Decently smooth controls

The Bad:
Poor cheat protection
Mediocre graphics
Poor hit detection
To much health
Easily exploitable maps
Old 03-25-2009, 01:11 PM

SPARTANZ77 has much to be proud of
the game is really good,good graphics and good gameplay,but way to many hackers

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/rhsproductions101
[/CENTER
Old 03-26-2009, 04:16 AM

DuneRgo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by QforQ View Post
I've heard of the game before...mostly because it's free to play and it's owned by Nexon..and now we've got some ads on gamerDNA that make the game look pretty sweet.

So my question is, is it any good?

The screenshots make it look like the Half-Life 2 engine and CounterStrike mixed with Call of Duty 4. What's it like?

Crossfire is a better game.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:21 PM

FlyHiGuy has much to be proud of
I highly recommend that you don't play this game. There are too many hackers. As someone said in the thread, 80% of the people playing are hackers. If you don't care then go ahead and play and you should hack too or you'll get owned.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:14 AM

caffieneloaded has much to be proud of
When I played this game it was soon after it came out and there were barely any maps. It was fun for a while but there was nothing to gain from playing it. As far as the hacking goes it was not that bad but it seems as if times have changed.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:24 PM

x8xid is community member of note
Depending on how you set up your matches this game can be a headache or completely awesome. Hackers are bad... so bad that if you manage to win through skill your still going to get called a hacker.

I was an admin for the Raposa server for a while and it is just about impossible to actually catch the hackers. (Different from glitchers.) If you just play random match-ups on this game, you will hate it.

Typically our clan will play in a password protected room against each other. We are a no-hack clan so it's usually good clean fun. There is also a list of no hack clans to play against at combatarmshq.com -- I don't know how accurate it really is, but the game is good in closed games. The problem is you have to know enough people playing the game to do that....

Anyone interested in playing some hack free games, stop by the clan page and add us all to your friends list. We will watch you play with us and eventually add you. If you play clean and don't accuse our players of hacking every 20 seconds (we have some good players... not me though) we'll add you to our list and put you in some closed rooms.

Also... crossfire is a horrible game. I cannot stand playing that damned game...

Old 04-01-2009, 02:48 AM

o0StRiDe0o has much to be proud of
I've played before with some friends around the time it came out and it was pretty fun, but it got pretty repetitive and glitchers started to appear. So I ended up ignoring the game for a while.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:12 AM

OwnageShot has much to be proud of
Ok, i think you should download it and give it a try, hackers are disapearing and there fixing glitches. just give it a go.

P.S try Crossfire & AA3 (you need good system specs)
Old 09-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
i dont usually play on the computer so my opinion might not mean much but it's alright. not great but for free can't complain too much.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:56 PM

Tonysmallz has much to be proud of
both this and crossfire.. are really bad..... you just may as well play CS:Source... Combat Arms has some silly Words Flying Up like a arcade game when u kill someone... its really lame.

GT : Jim Greezy