11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 11-29-2008, 06:08 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Combat Arms - Any good?
I've heard of the game before...mostly because it's free to play and it's owned by Nexon..and now we've got some ads on gamerDNA that make the game look pretty sweet.

So my question is, is it any good?

The screenshots make it look like the Half-Life 2 engine and CounterStrike mixed with Call of Duty 4. What's it like?
Old 11-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I have not tried the game myself, but there is another thread in the FPS Connections forum where others complain about it not being very good.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:45 AM

Powder has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Powder Send a message via MSN to Powder Send a message via Yahoo to Powder
I was thinking about picking this one up.

But, I don't know for what system. Besides player created content, witch is better: PC or X360?
Old 12-02-2008, 10:14 PM

dyl has much to be proud of
If you're looking for a free fps to log into, get some action, and watch your day to day progress bring on some rewards, this game can deliver. But if you're looking for anything more, like innovated gameplay, or immersion, etc.. its not worth the time.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:05 PM

BoneDry has much to be proud of
The hacks are super bad in this game. Over 80% of the community hacks in Combat arms. The only good thing is its in WOGL and thats the only place you can have this game hack free.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:13 AM

5150Reaper is community member of note
Yeah i have to agree with you there. When i first started playing there weren't so many hackers. Now everyone hacks or uses map exploits/bugs and sometimes both to obtain there cheap kill. The amount of cheating going on ruined it for me. I recently deleted it off my comp. Its sort of like a rip off of Counter-Strike. As far as i know, as i stopped playing months ago, all the maps have exploits/or bugs you can get into and shoot out of without them being able to hit you.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:14 AM

5150Reaper is community member of note
They do however have some very nice maps, less the exploits in them.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
To be fair, I remember playing TF2 and seeing a heavy floating in mid air and hosing everyone down with no problems. This game does have a good share of hackers and cheaters and exploiters but it hasn't completely scared me off (yet). I think the part that annoys me is just the fact that since cheaters are present in a decent chunk of the community, people automatically freak out and figure anyone who's whoopin their butts are hackers.

Last night is a great example....saw a dude running across the horizon so I started firing my K2 in burst mode while holding still and manage to get a headshot in. Chat was flooded with "OMG AIMBOT HAX!"

I'm still in week 1 with it; I liked it better than Warrock and comparing it to CS:S isn't really good for either game. It's more Halo with a modern warfare skin over it. I can see it probably growing old since every match seems to be people accusing so and so of hacking, but the maps seem really well done.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 03-06-2009, 10:49 PM

Droesin has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Yeah its not all that bad if you want something to kill time or bordom... but there are way to many hackers and people exploiting glitches
Old 03-07-2009, 02:55 AM
Enthusiast

koji042 has set foot on a distinguished road
It's actually not that bad of a game. I play it actively with some friends and it's pretty fun. The hackers only make up a portion of the community (though they seem to be very spread out nevertheless). My only caveat is that it's more run-and-gun and that you have to buy the voting people out of the room feature.. which should really be free. -_-

Ah well, if I were to give it a rating from horrid to perfect, it'd rate as good; solid, but not anything you haven't seen before.