11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 12-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
Steam name is Hyunnh send me an invite jodou I am at work so I can only accept friend request not send them stupid firewall

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork
Old 12-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Steam name is Hyunnh send me an invite jodou I am at work so I can only accept friend request not send them stupid firewall
Word, I'll be on tonight.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 12-03-2008, 03:10 AM
Enthusiast

Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community
If there are any Australian players who want a solid group to campaign with, send me a PM with your Steam details. We only play on Expert and aim to play with no deaths for demo purposes, so only join us if you don't mind replaying levels over and over until we get it right. We're a friendly bunch, though.

Currently working through Death Toll, in the stage after the sewers.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
man that sounds pretty hardcore and fun...I can't imagine getting to the rescue and dying and then starting over again....

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork
Old 12-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Enthusiast

Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
man that sounds pretty hardcore and fun...I can't imagine getting to the rescue and dying and then starting over again....
It is very fun, but only when we have a group that works well together. Otherwise, it can get irritating really, really quickly. By 'works well' I mean minimal TK-ing (the biggest bane of Expert - most any of the advanced weapons will one-shot kill or incap a fellow survivor if you're not paying attention, hence my OP gripe about Louis, as it's a problem when I use the hunting rifle - he pretty much always dies in one shot), common sense (crouching when in front, always checking your six, not shooting at mobbed survivors, always sticking with the group, etc.), and a good sense of humour.

Whilst there are multiple ways to complete any given level, we tend to have an idea that we want to try out on any given run, and if one of the survivors wants to do their own thing, it all falls to pieces. So along with the above, the ability to follow instructions is of paramount importance.

But dying at the rescue? Man. That happens way too often, haha. We've only completed No Mercy so far, and we got the chopper to touch down about four times - and then last-minute accidental team incaps or previously-unseen Smokers/Hunters got us. Then one time the Tank killed us while we were actually on the chopper (one survivor left outside; he killed the rest of us)... It's mostly stupid mistakes, at that stage - spreading out too much so we can't help each other if an incap happens, or TK-ing.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:51 AM
Enthusiast

Side note: I forgot to post this when I first uploaded the video, but here's one of our clan members succumbing to the stress of playing through the last chapter of No Mercy on Expert (for the... I dunno, twentieth time?)...

Old 12-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Enthusiast

Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community
I end up blasting everyone as I have a quick trigger finger. Good thing I am not a cop or something in real life. Muhahahaha.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:06 PM

Muffalopadus has much to be proud of
Thats pretty hilarious. Shoot the black guy because he looks like a zombie.

I've never had that problem at all, dude. Sorry, can't relate.

They do need to put all 4 levels in versus, but I understand why they're not implemented yet - it would be way to easy for the zombies to kill people. Whatever. I love it. I want more player maps though. :P
Old 01-07-2009, 12:58 AM

DoubleT767 has much to be proud of
Amazing game. Finally a great zombie game lol. Im actually a 360 player with L4D and its so much fun with friends. It is kinda annoying not having all campaign maps on versus mode. Everyone on Xbox live is too chicken to play Blood harvest because of the woods and corn field. so really all we have is Mercy. Its gets a tad old playing mercy day after day. Even on live, there is a big problem with bad servers. Lag is killer expecially on a major, outnumbered 100 to 1, zombie game. Im curious to know. has any pc users been trapped in the mercy elevator on the Mercy Hospital level? Ive had zombies push that yellow generator in front of it a few times and trap me and friends in...Ive also done it once or twice for kicks lol. Otherwise great game. Lots of memories
Old 01-07-2009, 05:47 AM
Enthusiast

Mumbo has set foot on a distinguished road
Ever since I formatted this game has been freezing every few seconds for me on and off whenever I play. It is very annoying and makes the game impossible to play, but I can't figure out what is causing the problem.