11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 11-26-2008, 11:33 AM

TnKr2072 has much to be proud of
Xml Url
I have a XML URL being http://gamebattles.com/ps3/socom-con...erty/stats.xml but i have no idea how to display it inside one of the pages, i know its not as simple as copy and paste or if this server will even support it. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 11-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
XML is a format intended to export data from one application and import it into another, without either application having to know anything about the other.
It's easy enough to read by humans, but it's not intended to be displayed just like that.
You can't just copy/paste into HTML (normal website page) either.
(Besides XML feeds like that are usually updated live, so making a copy would lose that aspect.)

Normally you'd use PHP (or similar) to read the data and generate an HTML document with that.
You'd need to build your custom PHP program for that though.
Even then I don't think gDNA lets you add external pages, except maybe through an iframe?

I think you may be able to create a widget using Yahoo! Pipes and embed that.
Not sure if it's possible, I haven't really tried Pipes yet, and you need to be familiar with the technical side of things.

Maybe try Google to see if somebody else made something already.
Googling "gamebattles XML" gives me this.
I'm not very familiar with Gamebattles, so no idea if it's useful.
No time for more Googling over here right now...