11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 11-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakker View Post
Has anyone experienced any bad effects from playing any type of video game? .
I sometimes feel the need to buy a sniper rifle, climb up on a high building and start taking out the small people down on the ground one by one to enforce my superiority over the human race. But I've managed to control myself so far.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
I sometimes feel the need to buy a sniper rifle, climb up on a high building and start taking out the small people down on the ground one by one to enforce my superiority over the human race. But I've managed to control myself so far.
It's a common urge. Nothing a little curb stomping won't fix tho.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:21 AM

Lance91 has much to be proud of
I enjoyed answering this survey. The questions were very meaningful and the survey was very introspective.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Enthusiast

Scick is community member of note
People can become addicted to anything. MMO's can't be among top 100 of things you can become addicted to that are bad to you. But, I think it's important to ask questions about everything we do, so I wish you good luck with the data!

And yes, I finished the questions and submitted it
Old 11-26-2008, 12:18 PM

Zakker has much to be proud of
Hey Mia,

Tnaks for taking part. There is a lot of controversy around the issue of MMO addiction. I think there the percentage of gamers who are addicted is very low. Some people do experience problems when playing MMORPGs. But I think everything moderation and yuo should be alright.

Do you agree Mia?
Old 11-28-2008, 11:45 AM

Since many of you were talking about the negative aspects of MMORPGs. I found these stories. Some of them are old. Has anyone played StarCraft? What is it like?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4137782.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4265407.stm

What do you think of these stories?
Old 11-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakker View Post
Hey Mia,

Tnaks for taking part. There is a lot of controversy around the issue of MMO addiction. I think there the percentage of gamers who are addicted is very low. Some people do experience problems when playing MMORPGs. But I think everything moderation and yuo should be alright.

Do you agree Mia?
I do agree that with moderation you will be alright. The problem is some people are not able to find that balance. Some people are completely incapable of this. And I think there are many different reasons for different people, why they are unable to maintain moderation.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:43 AM

Hey Mia,

I agree that individual differences play a big role in whether a person will have a negative experience with MMORPGs. This tends to be highlighted in the field of Psychology.

What do you think of the stories I posted in my previous post? Is there a real cause for concern?
Old 12-05-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickalis View Post
im the clan leader of CBH
What does CBH mean? I apologise for my ignorance.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Enthusiast

n0mad has taken things to a new low n0mad has taken things to a new low
Send a message via MSN to n0mad
i agree with Mia some poeple just dont know when to pull the line, but then again those same types of people are addicted and fubar'd by all types of things.

but what i think that it all comes down to statistics, like out of 1000 gamers a couple are really addicted and since the gamer numer keeps growing so the number of people keeps growing, and since the world we live trusts the tv sooo much they always get caught up on a case of a single game addict who did smtng stupid. I mean i heard a couple of people had died because of playing games longer than 24 hours straight, bu to me it's the same as the people that had died that drova a car more than 24 hours straight or for example Japan where people have been known to die from stress alone and they have developed special stress release tehniques or smtng like that. It just somes down to that the games are not as socially accepted by the elders of the community as some other things otherwise kids would not be alowed to play sports because of the risk of injuring or smtng worse.

Like weed in Amsterdam, it's socially accepted and less people think its addictice then USA where people believe its a "gateway" drug.

Bottom line it's not about the effect on us as a whole or ona an individual it's all about social acceptance of the games in general.

(i know people who r addicted to cars and bikes are more likely to die or do smtng stupid than peoplewho r addicted to games)