11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 11-19-2008, 03:29 PM

Zakker has much to be proud of
MMORPG Project: Gamers Wanted
Hello,

I've been browsing through the forum and didnít see anything wrong with posting this, if there is then remove it moderators!

I'm currently gathering data for my thesis. Iím using an online survey to explore MMORPGs. If anyone has any free time could you please fill it in? It's confidential and itís exploring game playing behavior and motivations of gamers.

I want as many participants as possible. So your participation would be greatly appreciated.

The link below provides you with more details about my project;

http://ess.ntu.ac.uk/surveys/zhussain.htm

Here is the link to the survey;

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=yfZy7a7cTXqznydfN9iqmQ_3d_3d

Sorry for the shameless plug,

Thank you for your time.

See ya
Old 11-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Enthusiast

Mumbo has set foot on a distinguished road
The link giving more details about your project requires a username and password.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
this sort of thing has been done at the very beginning of GDNA nothing wrong with it as long as it is what you say it is...if its not I am sure the moderators have (I hope) checked it and would ban the account if not true.

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork
Old 11-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Whats up with all the addiction questions. It's as if I'm answering questions about my cocaine abuse, while I'm not even doing cocaine.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:37 PM

Hey Dem,

I personnaly believe addiction to MMORPGs does not exist. I hope my research will show this. I hope all those have taken part so far have answered the questions truthfully.

The first link should work although I have had problems opening it myself. It provides details about me and my research. This information can also be found in the 2nd survey link.

Similar research has been conducted before but there is not much research on gamer motivations.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Enthusiast

tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to tibbon Send a message via Skype™ to tibbon
I completed one myself. I think that behavioral addictions do exist, and that many people are in denial. MMOs do the carrot and stick thing so well that many people are drawn in and not able to control themselves. I hope that you are very objective in viewing the results and have some great results to show later on

Need help? Post any bugs or issues in the Issues/Bugs Forum
imVOX Bug Tracker
imVOX Suggestions
Read the imVOX Blog
Old 11-21-2008, 09:01 PM

michtymog has set foot on a distinguished road
I'm inclined to agree with Tibbon here. Behavioural addictions are incredibly commonplace and I think you'd all be very surprised as to how many MMORPGs can feed.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:51 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Shadow,

We don't check everything that gets posted, so clicker beware.

In this case I did check out the links...The first is broken. The second goes to SurveyMonkey which a lot of sites use. That is one really long and boring questionnaire though! I gave up on page seven.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:24 PM

Hey Roxianna, you was so close to finishing.

There is a huge debate in the area of behavioural addictions and their effects. I would like to show that MMORPGs are not bad and that they have many positive aspects to them. I have to be as objective as possible.

Has anyone experienced any bad effects from playing any type of video game? Do you think MMORPGs should carry warning labels (I don't think they should)?

I would love to hear from you all.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I certainly think that some people can become 'addicted' to MMO's or have them damage other aspects of their lives (my ex comes to mind). I love playing WoW, and loved SWG for a time, but I have no problem getting up and walking away from a game. However, I don't raid with a guild, I prefer to play solo - so no one depends on my being ingame at any given time.