11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Helix Developers/API (Beta)

Old 11-16-2008, 06:04 PM

HeathenStorm has set foot on a distinguished road
Linking up with the European Realmwar (Warhammer API)
Now that GOA have finally coaxed their Flash-laden abomination of a website into accepting some real code, the European Realm War is now available.

Character Search page is at http://realmwar.war-europe.com/realm...uest_locale=en and the results seem to follow the same basic format as the US pages. (Although my character's XP to next rank seems to be 109 percent! - http://realmwar.war-europe.com/realm...=2273&server=8 )

Is there any plan to update the gamerDNA Character API to source data from the European site? I've been doing a bit of playing around with the API myself (announcement pending) and wouldn't mind being able to demonstrate and test with my own character instead of gDNA staff.

Cheers!
Last edited by HeathenStorm : 11-16-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Adding link to Warhammer Character page
Old 11-16-2008, 06:05 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Yep we should be able to get up Euro support for the character API this week.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 11-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Now that GOA have finally coaxed their Flash-laden abomination of a website into accepting some real code, the European Realm War is now available.
Wow, already?
Old 11-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
Wow, already?
Aye, we've all been waiting for this since Beta ended. A lot of people where... unhappy to find out that the only way to get an updating sig was to use Curse tools via Wardb.com

Thank god they finally listened to the players 'Feedback' on that.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:14 AM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Euro characters should now be supported in the warhammer sig generator.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 11-18-2008, 09:19 PM

Excellent, and thank you for the quick response!

Seems to work fine, but I notice there's no means to determine region via the API. Not technically a problem, as server names are unique between regions, and I'm able to retrieve European Character information for my own nefarious ends.

However, I can't seem to resolve guild data via the API for European guilds at the moment. I take it this is on the 'todo' list? The error XML for warhammer_guild.php seems to be broken, returning the error:

http://127.0.0.1/helix/war_guild_fin...me=paradigm a<br />
<b>Warning</b>: fopen(http://127.0.0.1/helix/war_guild_fin...me=para digma) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
in <b>/www/helix/warhammer_guild.php</b> on line <b>45</b><br />
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<api>
<info>
<version>1.0</version>
<description>GamerDNA - Warhammer Guild Statistics</description>
</info><error>Guild Not Found</error></api>

(Feel free to edit this out if it reveals a bit too much of what's going on behind the curtains!)

Again, thanks for the time and effort in putting this together. It's a lot smoother than hitting the site directly, and it's nice to have a real interface to work with rather than having every interested party hack together their own screen scraping code.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:31 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Hmmm let me send this to Steve... he is the XML guy. See what he says. I was under the impression is should work with the guild.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:04 PM

If it's any help, the same occurs when looking for a guild which doesn't exist on a US server such as Volkmar.