11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Music Games

View Poll Results: Which music game do you play the most?
Rockband 39 52.00%
Guitar Hero 20 26.67%
DDR/dance games 7 9.33%
Other (tap-tap revenge? singstar?) 9 12.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2008, 04:28 AM

Ry0tx has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Ry0tx Send a message via MSN to Ry0tx Send a message via Yahoo to Ry0tx
Just Kidding!
I'm not really all the great at it, but I love playing Rock Band haha.
Drums are worst for me though, I'm so scared I'll hit it too hard or something rofl. But I dig the Bass guitar in that game. =]
Old 12-31-2008, 06:43 PM
Enthusiast

tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to tibbon Send a message via Skype™ to tibbon
If you happen to have an iPhone or iPod Touch and enjoy music games, do yourself a favor and try the free edition of Tap Tap Revenge. There's even two player mode, which works shocking well to kill time if you're with a friend. My girlfriend doesn't like NIN all that much, but she loves playing the NIN Tap Tap when we're waiting for a movie to start or otherwise killing time and sitting somewhere.

Need help? Post any bugs or issues in the Issues/Bugs Forum
imVOX Bug Tracker
imVOX Suggestions
Read the imVOX Blog
Old 12-31-2008, 08:31 PM

KingRat has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to KingRat Send a message via AIM to KingRat Send a message via MSN to KingRat Send a message via Yahoo to KingRat
I started with DDR, and proceeded to wear out 3 pairs of pads. I lost the games when I was robbed, sadly, but thankfully, I just got a new roommate with a couple DDR games. I'm currently remembering just how tiring those games were.

I picked up Guitar Hero 1-3 as they came out, and loved them unconditionally, until Rock Band hit the shelves. Then I saw what a music game could be, what it SHOULD be, and I've been totally hooked ever since. I think I've played Guitar Hero III one or two times since I purchased Rock Band.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:40 PM
Enthusiast

tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to tibbon Send a message via Skype™ to tibbon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRat View Post
I started with DDR, and proceeded to wear out 3 pairs of pads. I lost the games when I was robbed, sadly, but thankfully, I just got a new roommate with a couple DDR games. I'm currently remembering just how tiring those games were.

I picked up Guitar Hero 1-3 as they came out, and loved them unconditionally, until Rock Band hit the shelves. Then I saw what a music game could be, what it SHOULD be, and I've been totally hooked ever since. I think I've played Guitar Hero III one or two times since I purchased Rock Band.
My path was very similar. Tried DDR at a friend's house, which I liked and bought (was damn hard to find that Xmas!). Tried Guitar Hero when it came out, and played 1 & 2 at a friend's house quite a bit (once or twice a week). I think I tried Rockband the first day it came out at a Best Buy, but didn't really get to play it until I went to Harmonix with a guy that was working for them a week later. We got a RB drumset at my old office (from Harmonix I think) a few days later, and it's been nuts since then. I've tried GH3 and GH Aerosmith for about 20 minutes each. I haven't tried World Tour yet, but I haven't heard anything compelling in it that would make me switch.

Bummer about getting robbed.

I've recently realized that RB/GH is one of those odd games that 'could' have existed in some form 20 years ago, but just didn't. DDR could have existed with the old Nintendo Power Pad. That would have been too fun.

Need help? Post any bugs or issues in the Issues/Bugs Forum
imVOX Bug Tracker
imVOX Suggestions
Read the imVOX Blog
Old 12-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Enthusiast

Jono00 is a jewel in the community
Send a message via ICQ to Jono00 Send a message via MSN to Jono00
Since I have non of the above, ill vote other.
More specificly - AudioSurf.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:29 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I got Guitar Hero World Tour for Christmas. I've been alternating between the guitar and drums. I haven't convinced my wife to play with me, and the kids are too young, so I've been playing solo. What's the difference between Rock Band and Guitar Hero World Tour?
Old 01-04-2009, 01:57 AM

neoxdonut has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to neoxdonut Send a message via Yahoo to neoxdonut
I mostly play RockBand 2.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:04 AM

KaroGrey has much to be proud of
I play Guitar Hero simply because its the only music game i have and it has a pretty great set list
Old 01-04-2009, 05:32 PM

Kenoku has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Kenoku
I've always been a fan of guitar hero. I just purchased World Tour. I think its amazing. Ive played rock band over my friends house. I think both have their fair share of advantages/disadvantages. I think now that both Guitar Hero and Rock Band both have guitars/vocals/drums, i think its going to be pretty interesting what they come up with next assuming that theres going to be a Rock Band 3 and GH5, i mean why wouldnt there be? haha They're going to have to come up with something new to beat the other brand, or atleast i hope so. Cowbell anyone? haha
Old 01-07-2009, 10:44 AM

Judge-Azrael has much to be proud of
Rockband. I have played it for far longer than any other game i have ever owned.