11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

Old 04-04-2007, 09:07 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Command & Conquer Reminds Me Why I Don't Generally Buy Campaign Games
The problem is not with Command & Conquer per se, I probably have a stack of 20 game boxes I've abandoned for the same reason: The missions got too hard--eventually there was one I couldn't pass, and the game is done for me. I can only strand to bang my head against the same mission wall so many times.

Too bad because I was having a lot of fun blowing stuff up and watching the movies. But I'll never get to see the rest because I am just not a fast enough clicker even on easy.

What I don't understand is why there is not a way to bypass a mission and keep on playing, or even a ridiculously easy mode. Why must I need to have a certain level of proficiency to enjoy what I bought?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Try the other campaign, maybe when you get to the point where you can no longer progress in that one, you can now progress in the other one, and then vice versa. Practice makes perfect.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:26 AM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
I'd concur with Sensational. Most RTS games have a bit of a double learning curve. The first curve is figuring out the basics of the particular game. Later, you learn a couple of tricks which make things a lot easier, and you wonder how you ever got by without them before.

Disruptor Beam -- Facebook RPGs
Old 04-05-2007, 06:07 AM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I'm too ADD for RTS anymore. What always ends up happening is I'll lose a map I was playing for like five hours. Five minutes later I'm looking for cheats and I turn on god mode to fuck the computer up. After that, anytime it looks like I might lose, godmode goes on.

So yeah, I usually don't get my moneys worth because I can't stand losing time like that.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 04-05-2007, 03:10 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodou View Post
I'm too ADD for RTS anymore. What always ends up happening is I'll lose a map I was playing for like five hours. Five minutes later I'm looking for cheats and I turn on god mode to fuck the computer up. After that, anytime it looks like I might lose, godmode goes on.

So yeah, I usually don't get my moneys worth because I can't stand losing time like that.
This is exactly what I am talking about. Campaigns should have a way to skip forward or more choices of easy. One should not have to resort to "Godmode" to enjoy the game.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Enthusiast

alomo has set foot on a distinguished road
that is a very viable idea of different modes of play or just skipping those parts all together.

I know there were some starcraft/red alert missions that were just plain boring and i wished to bypass them. those were usually the ones where you had ONE unit and had to blow up something or rescue people.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Quote:
Originally Posted by alomo View Post
I know there were some starcraft/red alert missions that were just plain boring and i wished to bypass them. those were usually the ones where you had ONE unit and had to blow up something or rescue people.
Those mission (You generally run around with an overpowered commando.) are my favorite ones in C&C 3 =D
Old 04-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
This is exactly what I am talking about. Campaigns should have a way to skip forward or more choices of easy. One should not have to resort to "Godmode" to enjoy the game.
I do this same thing with the entire series thus why I didn't buy C&C3 because "god mode" if fun only for so long.... and I totally disagree with the double learning curve, I have tried to switch sides, and eventually just get stuck again and the move back over and am still stuck and just get pissed about why I bought a game that I have no chance at completing, getting pwned by the computer on "easy" I can only take so much if I wanted to be embarassed I would run around the block naked = no fun

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork
Old 04-05-2007, 08:11 PM

Droniac has set foot on a distinguished road
That's odd... I wouldn't consider myself to be any more than an average RTS player, but I'm having little to no difficulty with the C&C3 campaigns in Hard mode. The only mission which proved frustrating was Berne, which demanded proper Mammoth Tank spam and a very specific approach in order to complete all objectives. Regardless I'm now in Act V of the GDI campaign and haven't had too much difficulty with the various missions - I've finished all of them, except Berne, on the first try - although a few demanded a rerun because I missed some intel or a secondary objective.

Most of the C&C3 players I've spoken with said they found the singleplayer campaigns to be too easy - and I'm inclined to agree. It's enjoyable and the secondary objectives make some of the missions genuinely challenging, but the bulk of missions are rather simple to complete.

As for some tips for completing the missions:

- With GDI... use Mammoth Tanks, Mammoth Tanks & Mammoth Tanks. They are great anti-vehicle, they are great anti-building, they are great anti-air and upgraded they are great anti-infantry. A force of Mammoth Tanks can take on just about anything they throw at you in the campaign.

- Use left + right mouse click simultaniously (hold them!!!) to draw formations of your units... this way you can get the strong units in front (Mammoth Tanks) and the weak units in the rear (Rocketeers).

- Use D + move order to have your tanks/vehicles move backward... that way they don't expose their vulnerable rear armour to the enemy when retreating or regrouping.

- As GDI, make use of Rigs when you can - their vehicle repair mechanisms and multiple turrets can make a big difference between your force of tanks holding their ground or losing territory to the enemy.

- If a mission is proving difficult - try taking a slower approach, having your units gain experience while fending off waves of enemies. Veteran units, especially Mammoth Tanks, are far more powerful than their regular counterparts - and better yet: they regenerate! As such having just a tiny force of veteran tanks sent out towards the enemy after some time of defending your base is usually enough to win most campaign missions.

- Keep your economy in check. Make sure you build some additional harvesters for your tiberium refineries and try expanding to other territories with pockets of tiberium as well. Keep a particular eye out for blue tiberium, because it's worth much more than green tiberium and the financial boost alone will be enough to win most campaign missions. Just keep pumping those units out of their factories/barracks!
Last edited by Droniac : 04-06-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droniac View Post
As for some tips for completing the missions:

- With GDI... use Mammoth Tanks, Mammoth Tanks & Mammoth Tanks. They are great anti-vehicle, they are great anti-building, they are great anti-air and upgraded they are great anti-infantry. A force of Mammoth Tanks can take on just about anything they throw at you in the campaign.
I would also recommend, once you have an established economy, that you build two airfields with bombers (This works for both GDI and NOD.). They can easily fly in as a huge group and take out any key target that you need eliminated.