11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 11-11-2008, 03:17 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by arislyn View Post
Why not have that childish and rude response thrown in there with the other responses? It is your choice as to how you want to respond.
You beat me to it. The point is to have the options. Otherwise, how do you fully enjoy your rude, childish, or immature character?

Anyway, they often make me laugh. Heck, the options you don't take are part of what makes the game so great.

It just goes to show you, if one person loves a feature, it's a sure thing somebody else will hate it. If you take out all the features that somebody hates, you end up with a very bland game. Does that sound like a dozen games you've played lately?

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 11-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
It doesn't feel at all like that if you didn't play/finish Oblivion.
I would have to agree with that. It does play somewhat similar to Oblivion since the control scheme is similar(at least on 360), but it is not 100% Oblivion(it actually sort of reminds me more of Morrowind, combined with Fallout).

Old 11-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Completed it last night with my "Good Guy" / "Genius" set-up.
Considering trying either a selfish bastard or a callous s.o.b. just for a change of pace (going for the ultra cool assassin just doesn't appeal to me)... may go for a "Wise-ass" just to see how long it takes to get chased by an entire town of disgruntled wastelanders.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:52 PM

amurphy has much to be proud of
I think the game was an interesting transition for the fallout universe from a traditional over the top view to a first person view in a truly three dimensional world. My only gripe is that the length of the main story was not long and the ending was unsatisfying. In all of the other fallout games the ending explained the consequences of all of your actions long into the future. In fallout 3 it was more of a rehashing of what you did.

The first time I played through the game I beat it at level 14 and without doing most of the side quests. I then decided to play through the game again while completing everything. I did this because I expected a better ending where my actions would be better illustrated, however I received the same basic ending. I was very frustrated that I had just spent several hours completing the entire game but got the same ending. That is my only gripe aside from the missing gauss rifle.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by amurphy View Post
I think the game was an interesting transition for the fallout universe from a traditional over the top view to a first person view in a truly three dimensional world. My only gripe is that the length of the main story was not long and the ending was unsatisfying. In all of the other fallout games the ending explained the consequences of all of your actions long into the future. In fallout 3 it was more of a rehashing of what you did.

The first time I played through the game I beat it at level 14 and without doing most of the side quests. I then decided to play through the game again while completing everything. I did this because I expected a better ending where my actions would be better illustrated, however I received the same basic ending. I was very frustrated that I had just spent several hours completing the entire game but got the same ending. That is my only gripe aside from the missing gauss rifle.
Aye. It makes me dubious at to whether they will make an expansion set for this game (allowing you to make a non story based character, or some-such). Anyone been LIVE! with it yet? Haven't had time to try that out yet.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:36 PM

Zeryu has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Zeryu
Up until the day of before the release I hadn't played either of the other two games and still have not played much of the first one. So I cannot comment on the continuality of the title. But I fell in love with this game. The vault was very drab and utilitarian so it gave all the right feelings to be stuck in there. The best part of the game has definitly been coming out of the vault and being blinded by the light. The sheer magnitude of being stuck undergraound for 19 years is shown in those few moments. And then you are struck by the weight of the world around you. No overworld music, or almost none, radio aside and the little bit of instrumentle overtones.

In my opinion this game definitly should get game of the year.

Secondly though I've heard alot about how the game crashes for so many people. I've got 50 some hours logged into the game and have not experienced a single crash. Granted I have it on the console, but even my roomate on his own system has not had any problems. A second friend of mine has it on pc and he was able to beat the game, atleast the main storyline, without a single glitch.

"And what you failed to remember is...pirouette."
Old 12-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Enthusiast

n0mad has taken things to a new low n0mad has taken things to a new low
Send a message via MSN to n0mad
I had beaten it a couple of times (doing the quest differently) and haven't experienced a single crash, and i like it a lot. Especially that u can fix u'r wpns in the field and stuff not using a broken gun until u get a chance to got te the closest repairer. Also it's cool that some chars are eccentric as hell. game got dark moments got light moments but i do wish they had incorporated some more intimate scenes when u get the "lady killer" perk. And how can u not love the "Misteriou Stranger" perk when in VATS the dude shows up with the .44 in the hat and the looong coat like the gangster that he is nad blows away the ones u missed or have little health left when u used up u'r action point
Old 12-05-2008, 10:02 AM

starcomusa30273 has much to be proud of
I've finished it and it's really a good game except for the ending!
Old 12-25-2008, 03:48 AM

Location: i am United Statesian, and if that is not enough information, i am Mighiganian!!
sinfuldamasta has much to be proud of
Fallout 3 is awesome. The only thing i don't like about it is that you can't make it harder cause i owned the WHOLE game in about 80 hours, every quest, every weapon, every special armor, and 3 out of 6 Super Mutant Behemoths (killed one with 42 shots from a Plasma Rifle). You should also get the Prototype Medic Power Armor in the sewers in Old Olney (infested with Death Claws, South East part of the map), what it says never gets old. if you get the Expiremental MIRV, go to the top of Tenpenny Tower and shoot yourself with it, you either go half way to the Rob Co facility or almost twice as high as Tenpenny Tower ridiculously fast. And if you ever need some help in Fallout 3, i think you know who you can ask and i doubt ANYBODY could tell me something i don't know about Fallout 3 that they found out by themselves, (like me) unless it's something that you can only do if you are good or neutral.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:49 AM

Location: i am United Statesian, and if that is not enough information, i am Mighiganian!!
sinfuldamasta has much to be proud of
And it never crashed or froze for me once.