11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 11-02-2008, 03:35 AM
Enthusiast

Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community
I wish there was a PC demo.

QforQ and kanashi, based on your demo play thus far, how would you rate it (out of 5 stars) for:

* Story/Immersion
* Gameplay Mechanics
* Graphics
* Sound
* Misc?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Enthusiast

Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community
Courtesy of ChangeAgent:

The theme plus a few remixes (only audio, no video).
Old 11-10-2008, 10:55 PM

dyl has much to be proud of
I'll be renting this tomorrow hoping for something out of the ordinary. If it sucks, no harm
Old 11-11-2008, 08:40 PM

Quilon has much to be proud of
Personally I thought it was impressive, it is a huge change from games like Dead Space and Gears 2 which are very gritty. From what I played in the demo Dice did a good job of recreating the feeling of actually doing Parkour. My only worry is the actual length of the game.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:52 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilon View Post
Personally I thought it was impressive, it is a huge change from games like Dead Space and Gears 2 which are very gritty. From what I played in the demo Dice did a good job of recreating the feeling of actually doing Parkour. My only worry is the actual length of the game.
Exactly my worry, the length of the game. I heard the game is between 5-6 hours long. Looks like a rental to me, I canceled my preorder.

I still think the game could be fun, not thrilled with what I'm hearing about the lacking story and short game experience.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by QforQ View Post
Exactly my worry, the length of the game. I heard the game is between 5-6 hours long. Looks like a rental to me, I canceled my preorder.

I still think the game could be fun, not thrilled with what I'm hearing about the lacking story and short game experience.
Well, when it comes out next year for the PC, you could always 'rent' it like me.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 11-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketwolf View Post
Courtesy of ChangeAgent:

The theme plus a few remixes (only audio, no video).
That seems to have turned into a dead end, but I just found this video on GameTrailers.
Besides listen to the song in the video, you can download it from the link beneath it.
I expect that link to turn dead sooner or later as well, so don't dawdle.

I'm with you guys on the potential length issue.
Actually I have yet to try to Xbox 360 demo to make sure it's even my kind of thing first.
I really should get the 120GB HDD, the original one is really getting too small.

I suppose DLC/bonus packs/similar could somewhat alleviate the length thing.
Although, that also raises some questions in my head about whether or not it will feel like you're just doing the same thing again and again.
That might already be an issue with the game as is, depending on the diversity of levels primarily, I guess.
See, I'm guessing too much, I need to play the demo.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Enthusiast

Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodou View Post
Well, when it comes out next year for the PC, you could always 'rent' it like me.
Your cool-ness always stuns me. I wish I was as much of a righteous, ballsy freedom-fighter as you are.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:24 AM

5150Reaper is community member of note
Wow i really like the look of this game. I will definitely keep an eye out for it.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Enthusiast

Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community
This game is on my rental list. Anyone have thoughts about it that has played it through? How long is the game and is it as hard as the demo make it seem to be? I kept dying in the demo. Hopefully its just a learning curve for the controls of this particular game.