11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 10-30-2008, 11:56 AM
Enthusiast

Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community
Luv Mirror's Edge
Apologies in advance if a thread about this game already exists; I just spent 20 minutes searching the forum, because I was sure someone had already written something about it, but I found nothing. Also, mods, feel free to move this to another forum - I had no idea what to classify this game as, it seems to be a bit of everything.

* Website
* Trailer

Demo's coming out (for XboxLive/PSN) tomorrow (Fri 30th Oct), apparently. No word on a PC demo, probably won't happen.

For those who can't wait for more ME goodness, however, check this out:

The incredibly beautiful main theme from the Mirror's Edge OST!

Enjoy!
Last edited by Pocketwolf : 10-31-2008 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Redoing YouTube embed.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
To post Youtube videos in a thread follow these instructions:

1. Go to your video location (i.e http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpBGRA6HHtY )
2. Copy the 11 character long text after the "v=" (in this case, JpBGRA6HHtY)
3. Use [youtube] tags and paste the text in between. (In this case:
Code:
[youtube]JpBGRA6HHtY[ /youtube] Use WITHOUT spaces!

4. Preview your post to make sure everything is okay, and post away!

Old 10-31-2008, 12:17 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
This is a game that will go on my "Anticipated" list once it's added.
Probably on my "Liked" list as well.
Too bad that it's an EA game; I don't really feel like sponsoring that company.

I never heard that song, at least not while realizing it was the actual theme.
Apparently it's called "Still Alive", but I'm guessing that's just coincidence.
(Thinking about Jonathan Coulton's popular song with the same name, Portal's theme song.)
Old 10-31-2008, 04:07 PM
Enthusiast

Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community
Thanks Dvader - I worked it out on another thread today, just forgot to edit this one! Thanks for reminding me.

@Retodon8, I hear you about EA, particularly with the new (yet-to-be-officially-verified) rules about forum access = game access. And yes, apparently a lot of people have commented about the name of the song, it was one of the things that struck me as odd when I first heard about this one.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
It's an interesting concept, but everytime I look at it I just get the feeling the gimmick will wear off after 15 minutes of play. None of the jumps or moves look all that fantastic, but at least they're trying something new.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 10-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodou View Post
It's an interesting concept, but everytime I look at it I just get the feeling the gimmick will wear off after 15 minutes of play. None of the jumps or moves look all that fantastic, but at least they're trying something new.
I re-enacted the trailer as best as I could, and it was indeed pretty easy.
I only broke a leg, two necks, and a wrist.
But really, some of those jumps look pretty fantastic if you ask me.
Even if they don't, the "gimmick" itself should still work if the moves aren't impossible, since they're still impossible for you, me, the average player.
Without playing I can't really judge if the first person running, jumping, and climbing is enough to sell the game, but I'm hoping it will be.
I'll be trying the demo...
Old 10-31-2008, 11:03 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
I'm really interested in how DICE can take an interesting gameplay concept, combined with an interesting story/setting, and weave them together.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketwolf View Post
Thanks Dvader - I worked it out on another thread today, just forgot to edit this one! Thanks for reminding me.
No problem, just trying to be as helpful as possible.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:43 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
I just preordered the game from Amazon last night after playing the demo through again.

The story/premise of the game REALLY interests me (I'm a huge Matrix/1984/Children of Men/etc fan), so I had to buy it and check it out Game play is pretty cool too
Old 11-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Enthusiast

kanashi is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to kanashi Send a message via MSN to kanashi Send a message via Yahoo to kanashi
This game does show promise. I tried the demo and so far it seems like a fresh game. The animations and first person give it a great feel. I could see some of the game play getting repetitive but hopefully they work around that for the final version.