11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 10-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Enthusiast

Scick is community member of note
Cool The game of your dreams?
(I hope this is the right sub-forum. If not, please tell me and I'll donate 1 gold to the poor orc foundation in WAR!)

What does the game of your dreams look like?

I mean, seriously - go nuts, and tell us what kind of game you'd love to see. FPS, RTS, MMO, turn-based, realtime, 2D, 3D, Arcade, anything you can imagine.

I'll start with one of my "omg, I so really would love to play this"-games. (One that we'll never see, due to copyrights and whatever, but it's ok to dream, right?)

You start the game by customizing your character. Male/female, tattoos, clothes, etc, then you equip him/her with weapons, and then you go out to slay everything from H.C Andersen's to the Grim Brothers' badguys. Annhiliate them! Kill the Big Bad Wolf, The Three Bears of Goldilocks, The Dragon that keeps the Damsel in Distress prisoner, etc. And then, after you've gone through level after level of blood and gore, you wash up, put down your weapons, and go out to drive your car Carmageddon style. (Remember the game? You got points for pedestrians. And someone in the US made the company make them into zombies because you can't drive your car into pedestrians.) In my game, you'd get extra points for old ladies, trollies and rosebushes. (I'm allergic!) After that, you'd go to your space ship and launch into space, where you could either join the Klingon, or maybe track down Han Solo for the Empire.

Well, how do you dream?

And yes, this isn't the most serious thread, but still - it's fun to see what people want to do in games.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:53 AM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Pre-CU SWG with a few adjustments. "Few" being quite alot and large enough that I can't be bothered to type them down for ya.

I've never enjoyed my time in a game as much as I did in that one, and I don't think I ever will.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Enthusiast

Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Kjallstrom Send a message via Yahoo to Kjallstrom Send a message via Skype™ to Kjallstrom
I can tell you what my previous game of my dreams was, from when I was in high school - a game that was Escape Velocity when you were zoomed out, then Alpha Centauri on a planet, then something like SimCity when you zoomed in more, then something like the Sims when you zoomed in even more.

Sadly, Spore is not quite this game, and it's probably the only thing that will come close.

For any RPG-type game, the thing I want most is even a basic linguistic inference engine running the NPCs. Even a brand new game like Fable II is still just a pretty interface on top of some (admittedly more complex) conversation trees. It's still fundamentally Zork. Current technology could easily give each NPC a small knowledge base (what they know in various contexts), and part of the challenge would be asking the right questions (as opposed to just doing a depth-first search through every conversation choice). This would be applicable in both single-player RPGs, on PC or console, and in MMOs where there is NPC interaction.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:23 AM

RhaegarTargaryen has much to be proud of
Well, Mines simple, And I can't really explain it.

It's sort of like taking a flight sim (ex. Aces High II) and breeding it with EVE Online.
I think it would be amazing. but think about the computer specs that would be needed?
*Heart attack*
Old 10-29-2008, 04:31 AM

DavidStrong has much to be proud of
I'm an FPS guy - coming from CS into COD. Although I've tried MMO - I think I still need to get used to it.

So why not dream of a high graphic FPS MMO mix!

No need for crazy intensive graphics that make me have to buy a new computer! But at least good enough to enjoy and feel in the game!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidStrong View Post
I'm an FPS guy - coming from CS into COD. Although I've tried MMO - I think I still need to get used to it.

No need for crazy intensive graphics that make me have to buy a new computer! But at least good enough to enjoy and feel in the game!
What version of COD? Have you tried 4 yet? I saw the trailer for the new COD, World at war I think? It looks amazing, your dream game may not be to far off

As well Maybe you could try Combat Arms, it's not amazing graphics, but there fairly nice for a online, F2P game.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidStrong View Post

Have you heard of Huxley? It's a MMOFPS that, according to the Game Informer release calendar, supposedly comes out on the 25th of November for both 360 and PC with cross-platform play.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvader83 View Post
Have you heard of Huxley? It's a MMOFPS that, according to the Game Informer release calendar, supposedly comes out on the 25th of November for both 360 and PC with cross-platform play.
Cross platform is a bad thing I think...
With consoles you don't get people who cheat the game with outside programs. (Generally speaking) So this is going to automatically give the PC people a advantage if they where the break the game.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhaegarTargaryen View Post
Cross platform is a bad thing I think...
With consoles you don't get people who cheat the game with outside programs. (Generally speaking) So this is going to automatically give the PC people a advantage if they where the break the game.
And this is bad for the console people? Because the PC people have a bigger advantage if they choose to cheat? Please, atleast mention the fact that the superior controller (MnK) gives a much greater advantage over the thick thumbed cave dwellers called the consoler users, your post is not elitist enough.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhaegarTargaryen View Post
Well, Mines simple, And I can't really explain it.

It's sort of like taking a flight sim (ex. Aces High II) and breeding it with EVE Online.
I think it would be amazing. but think about the computer specs that would be needed?
*Heart attack*
http://www.jumpgateevolution.com/

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade