11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 10-24-2008, 07:31 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Gamers get more dates
This morning I posted this on MMORPG.com. Then I realized that you guys would probably appreciate it more over here where we have more thinkers. Over there I get more "discussion" if I post "WOWSUCKZORS I PWZORS."

As a hardcore gamer, for years people have been telling me to get a life. I tell them I have a life. It's filled with fun, adventure and achievements with my friends/guildies. So file this one under "I told you so."

IGN and Ipsos MediaCT have published a study that backs up with data what many gamers like myself and organizations such as gamerDNA have been saying all along. Here is a link to the MSN Money article about the study. The following are choice tid bits:
  • "the average gaming household income ($79,000) is notably higher than that of non-gaming households ($54,000)"
  • "37% of gamers said friends and family relied upon them to stay up-to-date about movies, TV shows and the latest entertainment news, compared to only 22% for non-gamers"
  • "55% of gamers polled were married, 48% have kids"
Here is my favorite and the one that inspired this thread's name:

"The study also indicates that gamers are actually more social and more active than non-gamers. According to the data, gamers were twice as likely to go out on dates as non-gamers in a given month. In addition, gamers were 13% more likely to go out to a movie, 11% more likely to play sports and 9% more likely to go out with friends than non-gamers. "

Short attention span version of this post.

The next time you are tempted to scream out "your mom" jokes and accuse people of being immature and twelve yada yada, think again. It may actually be your Mom and she doesn't appreciate the humor. Now she won't lend you her copy of Dexter--so there!
Old 10-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Your mom is so fat that I could walk over the Atlantic ocean without getting my feet wet if she ever decided to have a bath. I don't really like Dexter anyways.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction

I love Dexter. I just hope they bring it back to CBS because I want to watch the sissy version.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:33 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
... noting to self who only responds to short version.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Enthusiast

Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Kjallstrom Send a message via Yahoo to Kjallstrom Send a message via Skype™ to Kjallstrom
I'm curious about the household income correlation... is there actual causality there, or is it more than a higher income enables more gaming (and also indicates that the person was raised in a higher income home that would have had game systems available as a toy)?
Old 10-24-2008, 10:40 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
... noting to self who only responds to short version.
I tried coming up with a good reply for the statistics but I couldn't, sorry. The closest I came was: "It's nice to know that I'm not going to be a loser anymore if/when I grow up". A troll is a troll.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjallstrom View Post
I'm curious about the household income correlation... is there actual causality there, or is it more than a higher income enables more gaming (and also indicates that the person was raised in a higher income home that would have had game systems available as a toy)?
I don't know how it works over there, but a game system is a pretty cheap "toy" in the long run if you compare it to all the other options over here in teh Swedon. I suppose that it was different back when gaming was "new", pre-Sega Mega Drive/Nintendo 64/Playstation.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Enthusiast

Reusol is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to Reusol Send a message via Skype™ to Reusol
i wish it were true, but here in england is a different story

Steam:- Reusol
PSN:- Reusol
Old 10-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Guess which side of those statistics I live in
Old 10-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Hey, I read the long version! But as a gamer who married a gamer...yeah we knew we were cool!