11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 10-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Twitter
Will my Twitter feed on my Public Profile page ever work? I'm not in a rush - just curious.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:06 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Imran is a cornerstone of the community Imran is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia View Post
Will my Twitter feed on my Public Profile page ever work? I'm not in a rush - just curious.
Hm... that's weird! I'll put a bug in - this one's for you onemorehour!
Old 10-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
From your profile page:
Quote:
This person has protected their updates. You need to send a request before you can start following this person
Isn't that part of the problem?

gDNA asks for your Twitter name and pw, so it should work the other way around (gDNA -> Twitter), but I wouldn't be surprised if your Twitter privacy settings disallow the gadget on your gDNA profile to work.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:31 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Imran is a cornerstone of the community Imran is a cornerstone of the community
Ooooh that's it, if your updates are protected - they won't show up on that box.

The username/pass combo is used only for POSTING to twitter, not the twitter box on your profile - your AKA takes care of that.

It would be a good idea to consolidate the two, though.

Thanks for the spot Retodon8!
Old 10-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Enthusiast

Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Kjallstrom Send a message via Yahoo to Kjallstrom Send a message via Skype™ to Kjallstrom
Out of curiosity, why hide your updates?

I tend to use Twitter for sort of yelling into the void about whatever I'm thinking (and sometimes I even get a response!). I've also liveblogged all of the presidential debates, and gotten some... interesting... replies (politically active Tweeple are by and large very partisan). I wouldn't get those responses if I kept my updates locked, and I see it as part of the value-added of Twitter as compared to other online communities. My Facebook status can be for friends-only stuff, I figure.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retodon8 View Post
From your profile page:
Isn't that part of the problem?

gDNA asks for your Twitter name and pw, so it should work the other way around (gDNA -> Twitter), but I wouldn't be surprised if your Twitter privacy settings disallow the gadget on your gDNA profile to work.
Oh - that makes sense! thanks!
Old 10-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Yeah, its the privacy settings at work there (just checked mine).
Old 10-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Must Be Evil

Maybe I'll change mine tonight then.