11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 10-20-2008, 01:03 AM

Azailia has much to be proud of
Question Help! Character info not loading....
For a guild member, says it cannot connect to the game server. This happened to me once but I cannot remember what I did to resolve it. Thanks!
Old 10-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
When I first added a couple of WOW chars, I had the same issue.
(Actually I don't know if it was the same error message; it's possible Blizzard is currently working on the Armory, because WOTLK is coming pretty soon now.)
My issue is fixed now, but the problem is, I have no idea what went wrong exactly.

I'm assuming you're talking about WOW.
Also you didn't say which member has the problem, so I can't check.

Anyway, it could be a simple matter of being patient.
Reading the data from the Armory non-stop would be way too hard on the server, so the automated updates are spread out a bit.

Also I think case sensitivity could be an issue; for instanec WOW char "Mike" is not the same as "mike".
Not sure if that's true, but it can't hurt double checking the name.

At the time I was pretty sure I entered "EU" for my region (which is correct).
However when I checked back later to see if my chars worked yet, it said "US".
I did removed and re-add my chars a few times because they still didn't work after a few days, so it's possible I simply forgot to check the region that last time.
After I changed it into "EU", and I think waiting one day, everything worked just fine.
Again, it could've just been me, but just in case, check the region hasn't changed.