11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

Old 02-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Sins of a solar empire.
Well, it's an amazing space RTS, the scale is immense and the game requires strategy and diplomacy. Unfortunately it's pretty much unknown, although it seems to be selling well, and I don't think the budget was very large (It has no campaign, it's pretty much meant for massive multiplayer and LAN, and it does that amazingly well). It's basicly Civilization in space. I'm loving it and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes RTS.

http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/faqs.aspx

I've been playing this today with a buddy (First game for both of us), we've been playing all day long on the largest map on easy mode and we haven't even conquered the first galaxy (There's 4), and the maps could be even larger then that if you design your own.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
I'd heard of this, but no-one near me seems to stock it, and neither does play.com...
I'll order it direct now, give it a go.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I've just bought this from Stardock on a friends recommendation. I had a bunch of tokens sitting around anyway, so this seemed a good way to spend them. I'll let you know what I think once I've had a chance to play it a while.
'till you run out of cake.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Oh, and my friend linked me this, which basically shows off the game:
Old 02-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Famous Member

Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence
Stardock is a awesome company. I have their Object Desktop and Gal Civ II. If they offer something direct download, I prefer to get it that way as I never have to worry about losing the disk.

Coming from a guy who sells boxed games for a living that tells you a lot about the quality of their service.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Enthusiast

MikesterBrau is a cornerstone of the community MikesterBrau is a cornerstone of the community
Ooo is there final something that brings back the complete satisfaction that was Masters of Orion II? Hmmm how much sleep do I really need after all? :P This one has been advertising some and I think I missed the review on X-Play, thanks for starting the thread.

http://www.bardstavern.net
Old 02-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Enthusiast

Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community
It looks a lot like Galactic Civilizations 2.

Galactic Civ. doesnt have a multiplayer mode though.

Anyone played both before? make a comparison?
Old 02-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Opinionated Gamer

I've played Sins now for a while. And I played GalCiv2 as well, so I guess I can make a comparison. It's going to be long, though, so I think I'm going to call it a blog entry instead. Stay tuned... might be a day or two before I find the time.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Enthusiast

Klat is bathed in a white light of excellence Klat is bathed in a white light of excellence Klat is bathed in a white light of excellence Klat is bathed in a white light of excellence Klat is bathed in a white light of excellence Klat is bathed in a white light of excellence Klat is bathed in a white light of excellence
So how does the Multiplayer work? Can I team up with a friend to pwn other people, do we play against each other, or do we co op against the 'puter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
It seems all of your posts are non-constructive, ill-conceived, bashings. One could argue that with your belief of time being pretty darn valuable, maybe you should go outside and build a fort or do some community service rather than waste it as you are now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenala View Post
Arkane, don't argue or fight with Klat. He's too awesome.
Also, he's sexier than you.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Enthusiast

Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community
by the looks of it, its all of the above.