11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

Old 10-13-2008, 05:22 PM

RebornXAssassin has much to be proud of
Halo Wars
this game is going to be great. Covenant of Halo Wars is a good clan for this game.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Epic fail.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:32 AM

P00KIE is community member of note
....well I am also looking forward to this. It will be a nice addition to the Halo Universe.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:18 AM
Enthusiast

Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Kjallstrom Send a message via Yahoo to Kjallstrom Send a message via Skype™ to Kjallstrom
I would guess that Sensational is referring to the news that the studio making Halo Wars is going to close after completing the game, which does not bode well for support or patches or similar. I guess if the Xbox Live support is good out of the gate, there's not much to worry about, but...
Old 10-14-2008, 03:42 AM

P00KIE is community member of note
I had not heard that...that would suck.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:37 AM

Zelu is community member of note
Sadly it's true. Ensemble Studios has given us many good games over the years, not to mention the entire AoE series. It's almost depressing knowing that this will be their last game.

On another note I am eagerly awaiting this game, pre-ordered it way back when I got my copy of Halo 3. I look forward to seeing if they can actually pull off the UI and controls for a RTS on a console. Instead of chopping it up like so many other console games have managed to do with an utter lack of finesse. I have faith though.

Anyone seen the new video for it?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quite the bad thing to be losing Ensemble Studios.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:37 PM

amurphy has much to be proud of
I wish they would have come out with Halo Wars for the PC as well. They could have marketed it as their Games for Windows Live much like Universe at War: Earth Assault. However, I doubt this will happen or at least anytime soon. Does anyone else remember in the late 90s the videos for Halo back when it was only on the PC and possibly a MMOFPS?
Old 11-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjallstrom View Post
I would guess that Sensational is referring to the quality of the first post, which was so far below the minimum that he almost wanted to track the poster down and do horrible things to him
Yes sir, your guess is correct!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
Yes sir, your guess is correct!
That's not at all what he said. But if that's how you wish to interpret it, who am I to stop the forum troll.