11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 10-13-2008, 02:49 AM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Data Execution Prevention?
Anybody know what to do with this? I've never seen it before, and a quick google didn't offer any help as to how to fix it. Or better yet how do I turn it off? When I hit "Close Message", windows explorer closes and leaves me with a blank screen. I have to reboot to fix it. It seems to happen when I start windows media player, but I have only done it a couple of times.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:39 AM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Okay, well, I disabled it via the boot.ini. We'll see if anything bad happens.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Enthusiast

tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community
This computer will self destruct in 10 seconds. Disabling anything implemented by Microsoft voids your warranty and causes the self destruct.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:03 AM

ShrimpBrime is a jewel in the community ShrimpBrime is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAerosolCan View Post
Anybody know what to do with this? I've never seen it before, and a quick google didn't offer any help as to how to fix it. Or better yet how do I turn it off? When I hit "Close Message", windows explorer closes and leaves me with a blank screen. I have to reboot to fix it. It seems to happen when I start windows media player, but I have only done it a couple of times.

You can turn explorer back on by going to Task Manager / File / New Task (run) and type in explorer. A restart shouldn't be needed.

Also to help discover the error, Go to Run / Control Panel / Administrative tools / Event Viewer / System. This can help diagnose problems.

-----------------Profession:------------------
----------------HL2DM------------------
Old 10-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Enthusiast

rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAerosolCan View Post
words
What anti-virus do you use? I'd recommend Eset NOD32 if you don't use it. It has a free trial.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:49 PM
I hate hippies

AVG. I scanned the files I thought were responsible, but it didn't find anything. I'm guessing it was just some kind of error.