11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Retro Gaming

View Poll Results: Which Final Fantasy game is your favorite?
Final Fantasy I 4 8.70%
Final Fantasy II 0 0%
Final Fantasy III 1 2.17%
Final Fantasy IV 3 6.52%
Final Fantasy V 0 0%
Final Fantasy VI 13 28.26%
Final Fantasy VII 7 15.22%
Final Fantasy VIII 6 13.04%
Final Fantasy IX 3 6.52%
Final Fantasy X 4 8.70%
Final Fantasy X-2 0 0%
Final Fantasy XI 1 2.17%
Final Fantasy XII 2 4.35%
Other 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Enthusiast

Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community
Best Final Fantasy game ever
Considering that the number of titles in the Final Fantasy series could fill a small library, I figured it would be prudent to host a discussion on the series. Which titles stand out amongst the others? Which titles provided great innovations in the RPG genre? Which one is the best? Is Sephiroth truly teh awesomez?

Discuss amongst yourselves, and vote on the poll.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:05 PM

Klister has set foot on a distinguished road
I'm guessing most votes will go to 7, but I still like 8 more. But that's just because 8 was the very first FF I ever played, and I hadn't experienced that kind of story (with the lovestory stuff) in a videogame before. It blew my mind

Old 10-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Number 10 was the best one for me. First one with voices, that really enhanced the story and took it to a new level. Although I have to say that the scene on Ragnarok with Rinoa in number 8 is probably the best one in the entire series.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
FF Tactics in the Gameboy.
Played it a lot before I loaned my DS to my brother (1 year and counting).
Old 10-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Enthusiast

Dark-Crenshaw has much to be proud of
FF VI is my all time favorite, the story was so epic and you really felt that the whole group of heroes (each with their own individual problems) was the only hope for the planet. Also Kefka was a pretty fucked up villain for that time.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Enthusiast

Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Crenshaw View Post
FF VI is my all time favorite, the story was so epic and you really felt that the whole group of heroes (each with their own individual problems) was the only hope for the planet. Also Kefka was a pretty fucked up villain for that time.
Agreed, I'm convinced that all of the Sephiroth fanboys have never played FFVI in their lifetimes. Kefka was completely batshit from the get-go, and one of the few FF Villains to actually usher in an extended era of armageddon.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:44 PM

Klister has set foot on a distinguished road
man I should really play FFVI sometime..

Old 10-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Lurker in Disguise

Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Send a message via ICQ to Syldra Send a message via AIM to Syldra Send a message via MSN to Syldra Send a message via Yahoo to Syldra
1-3 are rather primative, so they don't really compete.
4 is nightmarishly hard; the only one to eventually release an "easy mode" (if you're playing it in english, you're prolly playing easy mode) otherwise, nothing to write home about.

5: one of my favorite ones for how you got your skills. that the brokenly good skills were buried in otherwise terrible classes (read: X-Fight and Hunter, X-Magic and RedMage) was pretty pro too. allaround, pretty up there, but not as good as...

6:kefka is the single most awesome villian ever, pretty much.
hell, he's 4 screens tall when you finally fight him /gg
the spell system here achieves the same thing as FF7's but it's more straightforward. there's also some hella cool characters you can recuit to fight for you. like a dancing moogle. badass.

7 starts out wih phenomenal storytelling; but that pretty much falls apart after you leave midgard. game just seems to slow waaaaay down. given, if you want to know how a game should start? it should start like FF7. right in the action.

8 suffers from absolutely shittacular gameplay honestly, one of the worst FFs because of that. (only one really much worse is the one where you had to get the shi kicked out of you to improve at all. bleagh.)

9 is more of a look back than a going-forward, so it turns out rather meh overall, pretty solid game... 'cept for this one strategy /ho.

both of the tactics games suffer from being tactics games. PSX version starts way to slow, and you eventaully pick up one character so broken you may as well stop playing once you have him.
Advance version... laws are not fun, and (decently raised) assassians are broken, oneshotting everything before they get a turn.

haven't gotten a ps2emu to run decently yet, so can't say much beyond that. and no, i'm not going to go buy the console just to play them. /pif.

...imho.

Old 12-25-2008, 02:35 AM

Skaboomatude has set foot on a distinguished road
As much as I love the majoity of the FF series making a choise difficult, I will make my choise as an RPGer, and go with 1 as I like to choose and name my party and starting classes. That and it was one of the games that got me started gaming - the rest of that credit goes to the dragon warrior series 1-4 (dragon quest)
Old 12-28-2008, 12:19 PM

Shawnzzy has much to be proud of
It was a tough pick between 6 and 8 but I went with 6 because it was the first one I played so for me there would be no 8 if there wasn't a 6. Locke jis just too boss!