11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!


Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge > Debate Corner


Post Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-12-2008, 02:14 AM
Ifeeljuiicy's Avatar
Ifeeljuiicy Ifeeljuiicy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 36
Ifeeljuiicy is an unknown quantity at this point
Election day is coming.....
who are you voting for?


well im only 17 but i have watched most of the speaches from obama and McCain.

If i believed that our opinion actually mattered and that our votes actually counted i would vote for Obama because McCain has been in an office of power for 27 years and over that time our economy has degraded alot. He has agreed with Bush 90% of the time.......Wow if someone agree's with bush's decisions that much they should NEVER even be allowed to run for office.

I don't believe that our votes mean anything though. the government will put into office whoever they want. It's basically whoever is more easily manipulated. Bush was a fucking puppet who couldn't even tie his own shoe.

soooo....


discuss.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:15 AM
Sensational's Avatar
Sensational Sensational is offline
Savant, but with a star!
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden.
Posts: 3,186
Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
I'm sure alot of people are glad you're only 17. As am I, but I'm from Sweden so I don't get to vote in this election. Not that it matters, non of the candidates represent my opinions anyways.
__________________
100% Killer, 47% Achiever, 40% Explorer, 13% Socializer, 200% Awesome.
"BY THE WAY A THREAD , IT USE TO BE CALLED A SENTENCE ! "
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:55 PM
thatgirlhatesyou's Avatar
thatgirlhatesyou thatgirlhatesyou is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vermont, USA
Posts: 76
thatgirlhatesyou is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
I'm sure alot of people are glad you're only 17. As am I, but I'm from Sweden so I don't get to vote in this election. Not that it matters, non of the candidates represent my opinions anyways.
Geez how much of the election do you guys get? O.o?

Anyway I'm Obama all the way.
__________________
Que Pasa?


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:59 PM
EvilAerosolCan's Avatar
EvilAerosolCan EvilAerosolCan is offline
I hate hippies
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 1,610
EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
McCain isn't my ideal choice, but he's better than O'Bama.

O'Bama=
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Klister's Avatar
Klister Klister is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arnhem, Netherlands
Posts: 41
Klister has set foot on a distinguished road
as I'm European I don't really have anything to do with the elections, but still I'm hoping Obama will win. From what I've seen, his tax plans seem better, but I disagree with some other points on his agenda.
Good thing in my opinion is that he is black, that might bring some fresh wind in the white house... maybe
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-12-2008, 04:09 PM
EvilAerosolCan's Avatar
EvilAerosolCan EvilAerosolCan is offline
I hate hippies
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 1,610
EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klister View Post
Good thing in my opinion is that he is black, that might bring some fresh wind in the white house... maybe
Complete non sequitur. The fact the he has a more concentrated amount of melanin than McCain, is absolutely not, I repeat ABSOLUTELY NOT, a legitimate reason to vote for anyone. His taxes are one of his worst ideas (although I could say all his plans are the worst).
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Klister's Avatar
Klister Klister is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arnhem, Netherlands
Posts: 41
Klister has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAerosolCan View Post
Complete non sequitur. The fact the he has a more concentrated amount of melanin than McCain, is absolutely not, I repeat ABSOLUTELY NOT, a legitimate reason to vote for anyone. His taxes are one of his worst ideas (although I could say all his plans are the worst).
good thing i don't have to vote then

reason I said that, is basically because I assume this gives him a different background.. which might give him a different look at how things should be done.
But ofcourse, this is something I assume, and I might be totally wrong about it. Anyways, it is just my opinion, which doesn't matter much

also, another thing I noticed: Dutch media seems to support obama more, we hardly see anything about McCain...
__________________


Last edited by Klister : 10-12-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Sensational's Avatar
Sensational Sensational is offline
Savant, but with a star!
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden.
Posts: 3,186
Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirlhatesyou View Post
Geez how much of the election do you guys get? O.o?
wat?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Klister View Post
good thing i don't have to vote then

reason I said that, is basically because I assume this gives him a different background.. which might give him a different look at how things should be done.
But ofcourse, this is something I assume, and I might be totally wrong about it. Anyways, it is just my opinion, which doesn't matter much

also, another thing I noticed: Dutch media seems to support obama more, we hardly see anything about McCain...
Last time I checked he was from an upper middle/middle class family, that's not exactly the stereotypical black dude from the ghetto.
__________________
100% Killer, 47% Achiever, 40% Explorer, 13% Socializer, 200% Awesome.
"BY THE WAY A THREAD , IT USE TO BE CALLED A SENTENCE ! "
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Hagan Hagan is offline
Savant
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oldham, England, Earth
Posts: 1,859
Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Forget age, race, sex. You have to split them into two groups, Personality and Reforms. Too much of one over rules the other
*you can be the most smooth s.o.b. in the world yet have crap policies
*or have GREAT policies that are well thought out and could save your country, yet have hair like a bag lady and have a lazy eye.

I've looked at both candidates in this, and to be honest between the two I'd go for McCain. I'm British, so my opinion doesn't count, but I'd still back McCain for at least one term, just to see if he can pull off some of what he proposes on the Economy.

Obama's reforms are radical... just a bit too radical to be honest. I'd looked at the figures, I've looked at the economy, I've looked at the proposals, And I just cannot figure out how he'd pull it all off.
He's talking about the economy like it can be fixed... it can't, not whilst most people have no idea how it works. And more tot he point, not without heavy regulation and a clear line of responcibility for each part of it to be assigned to an office and a staff. That means bebuilding the way the economy works... and for that, you'll need to get the World Economy to agree on how it SHOULD run. I may as well point out that the world economy is a competetive business... that wont be easy.

From what I've seen of McCains policies, he's wiling to prop up the corrup system til it gets itself back on its feet. Thats right, the CORRUPT system. Its not perfect, and its called the world market, we all have to deal with it.
Thing is, until people got REALLY greedy, it did work. Once things settle down, and everything balances back out, THEN I would consider Obama's proposals... but for now, you have to let the 'financial pack' find their sacrificial lambs to hand over for the slaughter, and for them to sort out their sytem so that this never happens again. THEN we send in the global reformers, once the world is running smoothly once more.

Remember, the guys you want to hang are the ones who know where the money is hidden. Patience.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-12-2008, 05:36 PM
DODswe4's Avatar
DODswe4 DODswe4 is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 348
DODswe4 is a jewel in the community DODswe4 is a jewel in the community
Didnt Mc Cain have cancers or something like that, so voting for him is like voting for Palin

I wouldnt vote for any of them, since I think both are equally bad

ofc considering the state that Americas economy (and europes as well for that matter) I would think about what is best in that part. That might be what gives one of them the edge
__________________
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off