11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Retro Gaming

Old 01-15-2009, 09:27 PM

kraid117 has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to kraid117 Send a message via Yahoo to kraid117
A gamne that everyone played (or should have)
Of course I am talking about super mario bros, this game got alot of people into gaming and even today it is still fun. I have the ROM and still have a blast with it.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:11 AM

pops40k has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to pops40k
One of my favorite games of all time. I have several of the NES catridges, Super Mario Allstars with it for the SNES, the GBA classic release, The GBA reader so I can play it on my Gamecube.

I started playing it again in college (this was during the Gamecube era) and starting playing it so much that I got to the point I could make it through the game with 1 life in 9 minutes.

I know alot of people complain about Nintendo rehashed, but I would love for them to make a modern Wii graphics version of this game.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:12 AM

Blakkmantis has much to be proud of
I'm a bit older, and played on the very first gaming platforms. And I'll take the games of today over those primative games any day of the week, lol. But Pac Man was all the rage back in my youth. Spent many hours playing that.

But yes, me and the Ex Wife, used to play Mario Bros deep into the wee hours of the night. TBH tho, I never really cared for the game. Wifey tho just loved it.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Enthusiast

Tribaut is community member of note
everyone who plays platformers should play the original mario any fps players should have played duck hunt and any person who plays rpg's should play the original FF i have played all three on the original console so im covered lol. Its like History class for gamers.

http://www.gamerdna.com/showthread.php?t=31155&page=2 help your fellow GDNA bros out!
Old 03-14-2009, 05:38 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribaut View Post
everyone who plays platformers should play the original mario any fps players should have played duck hunt and any person who plays rpg's should play the original FF i have played all three on the original console so im covered lol. Its like History class for gamers.
Or Dragon Warrior. That one came out before Final Fantasy, I believe. Whichever, they're both great games.

And Nintendo did make an updated SMB. New Super Mario Bros on the DS. May not have been on a next-gen console, but damn it was fun.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Enthusiast

Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community
Send a message via MSN to Doctorzongo Send a message via Yahoo to Doctorzongo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribaut View Post
any person who plays rpg's should play the original FF
Or Rogue.

Mario rocks. I think he's pretty much the number one gamer hero.

I'll see if I can find the link, but I had read somewhere that more Canadians recognized the name "Mario" then their Prime Minister. If that doesn't scream success, (at least in Canada) I don't know what does.

EDIT: Ah, here's one of them.
The subjected discovered
That sadly the cake was a lie.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:39 PM

kinfreon is community member of note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorzongo View Post
Or Rogue.

Mario rocks. I think he's pretty much the number one gamer hero.

I'll see if I can find the link, but I had read somewhere that more Canadians recognized the name "Mario" then their Prime Minister. If that doesn't scream success, (at least in Canada) I don't know what does.

EDIT: Ah, here's one of them.
It could either be Mario of SMB fame, or hockey legend Mario Lemieux. Either way.

Meanwhile, Super Mario Bros is, indeed, a classic. There may come a time when Super Mario and Shigeru Miyamoto are spoke of in schools the way Shakespeare and Hamlet are now.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:45 AM
Enthusiast

Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community
Send a message via MSN to Doctorzongo Send a message via Yahoo to Doctorzongo
No, that won't happen. The Mario franchise will get repeated, over and over again. In the year 3562, Nintendo will discover that they've run out of new ideas, and will re-release the original one. It will become an instant hit again, and they'll re-release the next one. This cycle will repeat. Someone will figure out that it's all just the same stuff, over and over, but by that time it will be too late. Nintendo will have slipped political programming into each game, and everyone will have played it. Eventually, Miyamoto's clone (who looks suspiciously like Mario) will become world leader.

Lesson: Don't buy a Wii or DS. It will only advance the evil plot.
The subjected discovered
That sadly the cake was a lie.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:13 AM
Enthusiast

BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueEyesWhiteGirl
OMG! That's one of the games my dad plays on his Apple II+! The only reason he even keeps that fossil is to play old games he has on giant floppy discs.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
Your dad has an Apple II+? I thought I had the last one in existance.

Believe it or not, 5 1/4 inch disks are not the biggest they ever made. I still have some 8 inch floppies.

I also still have Super Mario Brothers and it's still a fun game.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.