11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 10-09-2008, 01:56 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
What's this whole X-Fire|X-Box > gamerDNA > Twitter fuss?
Nothing that 12 million dollars and downloaded client won't get you, but I digress...

Twitter is the proto hive mind of our future... okay I digress AGAIN.

Let's imagine all your friends and family were on Twitter. Whenever they saw something important or funny they tweeted. When they were sad or happy or stuck in traffic... You be pretty dang up to date on everything happening almost as it happened. Now imagine that everybody elses friends and family were on Twitter too. Right now, Twitter has a few hundred thousand members. Someday there will be billions tweeting all the time. When something happens, they capture on their cellphone cameras and tweet it immediately...

The other side of today's equation is X-Fire and X-Box that watch you play and send their information to gamerDNA. gamerDNA has been auto-blogging with this information for awhile. So now what we do it roll it all up: your X-fire and X-Box information, your forums posts and experiences into periodic micro-blog post on Twitter.

Now all you have to do is play games to keep your followers up to date on an important aspect of your life: your gamer life.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:37 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Oh there's more. Now imagine your whole guild is on Twitter. You know all those annoying three word posts etc that are somewhat annoying in a forum, but I've been telling you not to delete? We put those on Twitter and suddenly you have a vobrant community. Add X-Fire and or X-Box and gamerDNA and everybody knows what everyone is playing and keeping in touch.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Enthusiast

Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Kjallstrom Send a message via Yahoo to Kjallstrom Send a message via Skype™ to Kjallstrom
I generally avoid automatic cross-posting of my various social network services. I could have Twitter batch-posted to my LiveJournal, or my Facebook status broadcast to Twitter (or vice versa), but since I have different friends on each, I don't mind keep them somewhat separate. I tend to use Twitter to do public asynchronous IM-style chat with one group of friends, comment on politics, ask unanswerable questions to the void, and follow various news-update type services.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Unfortunately, I only care about real news -- not what a person is having for lunch.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 10-09-2008, 06:23 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodou View Post
Unfortunately, I only care about real news -- not what a person is having for lunch.
I was probably going to eat a bowl of cereal, btw.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
*Thinks about his Twitter*
Got up
Scratched backside
Had breakfast
Played Warhammer for 18 hours
Had a beer
Went to bed

I really can't see my Twitter being the highlight of anyone's day if I'm honest.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Enthusiast

tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to tibbon Send a message via Skype™ to tibbon
Twitter, its not just breakfast
What you have just said are common complaints of Twitter and fully accurate, and full inaccurate at the same time.

There are a few phases of Twitter that everyone goes through, the first of which is "This is stupid/useless/waste of time/etc". People used to think the same about video games, but now they have become an important part of our culture.

Next you find that Twitter actually is a useful tool and things move forward from there. Eventually you hit addiction and keep one computer monitor dedicated to running nothing but Tweetdeck but I digress...

So what's the purpose of Twitter? How can you use it, and why does it matter? These are complicated questions that each person has their own answer for.

People have build their businesses from Twitter, established their careers, found jobs, sold computers, made friends and shared news. Never have people in a large mass stayed so up to date. Twitter has been the breaking news source for Earthquakes even!

Everyone uses Twitter differently so you want to be careful in who you follow. Some users are bots, and like in IRC sometimes that's just what you want. @nyt and @techcrunch keep you up to date on the news.

Most users are definitely real people however. People like @chrisbrogan share a wealth of knowledge about Social Media in general and is an awesome and very giving person. I myself occasionally do mention what I ate, but often I participate in conversation and thought with others online.

In the end its up to you to see what you see when you follow people. I don't follow people who just talk about breakfast. I follow interesting people who are experts in their fields.

Remember: It's all about the conversation. Not about breakfast.

Need help? Post any bugs or issues in the Issues/Bugs Forum
imVOX Bug Tracker
imVOX Suggestions
Read the imVOX Blog
Old 10-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Enthusiast

tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to tibbon Send a message via Skype™ to tibbon
Also, you haven't tried Twitter really until you've used it at an event. Go to a Podcamp or something even and the twitter use is insane. (Oddly enough I'm speaking at Podcamp Pittsburgh in a week or so). At a place like SXSW or ROFLCon it takes a whole new life of its own and turns into the way you find the cool people, cool dinners, cool sessions, and random stuff happening in the hallway.

Twitter was pretty amazing during the debates (Current.tv did a cool stream mashup with the video).

Plus nationwide (likely worldwide?) there are Tweetups, which are semi-impromptu meetups scheduled over twitter just a few hours earlier that day. They range between 5 and 50 people and are a pretty good way to get out and meet with the community. There's gotta be about 4 in Boston per week.

Twitter definitely can be a high mark to my day on occasion.

Need help? Post any bugs or issues in the Issues/Bugs Forum
imVOX Bug Tracker
imVOX Suggestions
Read the imVOX Blog
Old 10-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAerosolCan View Post
I was probably going to eat a bowl of cereal, btw.
I had pineapple.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
I'll be eating cereal with yogurt before I go out for my jog tomorrow.