11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 10-12-2008, 04:50 PM

Kenyawn has much to be proud of
Deleting Characters from guild roster
ok, i've searched and searched the forums but can't find the answer. I created a page for my WoW guild and the roster that got pulled from the WoW servers has not changed since creation. I know each member can "refresh" themselves through "My Portal" but what about getting rid of the characters that are no longer in the guild AND have never signed up to gamerdna?? there's a lot of names with "unclaimed" next to them that i want to just get rid of because they are no longer in the guild.

*EDIT* ok i found a way to get rid of unclaimed names in guild roster by claiming them then going to Edit my GamerDNA and deleting what was just claimed. not terribly bad if it's a few names but in my case i had to get rid of about 20 names, very time consuming and aggravating doing it this way, but effective none the less. but is this the only way to edit the roster? can those who did claim their names and left a guild be removed by the page admin or they have to do it themselves through Edit my GamerDNA?
Last edited by Kenyawn : 10-12-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:26 PM

pst has much to be proud of
The roster is woefully broken, and has been for a long time. I posted in another roster thread several times and finally got a response (but of course its still broken).

Good luck with that!

My Armory Profile

Old 10-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
The thread pst is referring to is "Help!!! Roster is not user freindly".
It shouldn't be necessary to manually remove characters at all, but like pst said the system isn't working perfectly just yet.
In the thread I just linked ChangeAgent mentions they're cleaning things up, and hopefully monday things will work a bit better.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:13 PM
gamerDNA Development Team

Xianthe is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to Xianthe Send a message via MSN to Xianthe
After this week's build all the "Unclaimed" roster entries should be gone.

Ssinurn D'Ssinns
Xianthe Xian
Anaxamandra Aethermyst
Old 10-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Cool!
Are there publicly available release notes listing all the changes and fixes for the update(s), at least the ones that are apparent to us users?
I currently check the blog and Twitter for that kind of thing.

Edit: Noticed the last update was mentioned on the blog, so I guess that is the place we should be looking, with Twitter giving the heads up.
Last edited by Retodon8 : 10-18-2008 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Apparently the blog is the right place