11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Leader Support

Old 10-04-2008, 04:41 PM

CyrusMortis has much to be proud of
Guild help
Im of the opinion that occasionally when u go on guild raids u should make videos and post on your site so your members can see how much fun it was and maybe become more active....unfortunately i don't know how to make a raid video.....i assume u need some sort of software but i can't find anything on google looking up: Making guild raid videos

can somone plz tell me what i need?
Old 10-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Enthusiast

sororitygirl is community member of note
I don't know anything about this really but I know most people use fraps. Google that until someone else responds to your post who knows more than me =)

//edit
On second thought, I bet you there's a youtube video that's a how-to guide for making those videos too. Search that maybe =)
Old 10-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Enthusiast

tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community
http://www.fraps.com/

I have never used this but it is commonly used to record game play.
Good luck
Old 10-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Enthusiast

PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community
Yes fraps is the preferred method, however the demo only records for 30 seconds, so you'd need the "full" version..

There is already another thread which has the alternatives aswell, maybe you should use search before posting
Old 10-08-2008, 08:12 PM

Ya i tried fraps, but there are two problems:

1. the videos are only 30 secs long; which i can deal w/ if I have to.
2. they are incredibly large, i can't upload them to anything. Fraps said i could use another program(which i can't remember right now) to compact it, but I don't see how, and there's no explanation what so ever.

anyone that knows how to compact these video files plz inform me! ^^
Old 10-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Enthusiast

Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Kjallstrom Send a message via Yahoo to Kjallstrom Send a message via Skype™ to Kjallstrom
Not sure if you said this was for WoW or not, but if you have someone in the guild on a faster Mac, the Mac version of the WoW client includes built-in video recording and compression. It's very easy to use, and then you can upload the file to YouTube or wherever.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjallstrom View Post
Not sure if you said this was for WoW or not, but if you have someone in the guild on a faster Mac, the Mac version of the WoW client includes built-in video recording and compression. It's very easy to use, and then you can upload the file to YouTube or wherever.
sry no it's for Runes of Magic: it's still in closed beta, but we already have quite a few members
Old 10-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Enthusiast

Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Kjallstrom Send a message via Yahoo to Kjallstrom Send a message via Skype™ to Kjallstrom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrusMortis View Post
sry no it's for Runes of Magic: it's still in closed beta, but we already have quite a few members
Yeah, as far as I know fraps is the best option for screen capture.

For video conversion, I'd recommend Handbrake, which comes in Mac, Linux, and Windows versions. I use it to rip my DVDs to my iPhone for airplane travel.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjallstrom View Post
Yeah, as far as I know fraps is the best option for screen capture.

For video conversion, I'd recommend Handbrake, which comes in Mac, Linux, and Windows versions. I use it to rip my DVDs to my iPhone for airplane travel.
conversion? does it compact it, or is that same thing? cuz i can make it in a usable format on fraps its jus too big...i need a way to make it smaller.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Enthusiast

PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community
First of all, get a full version of fraps so you can record longer than 30 seconds.

record something

load the avi file (the huge one) in Windows Movie Maker or any other video editing software (such as adobe premier, sony vegas, etc).

and export it as an avi.. you'll have a few options for how big you want the file to be, if your using WMM then even the largest setting is still a fairly low file size, easily uploadable to youtube or anywhere else.

fraps uses windows standard avi without encoding (thus large file sizes) so you need use video editing software where you can add effects or just encode it, but generally speaking you will want to add a title screen and maybe credits aswell.