11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

Old 10-29-2006, 04:26 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Wink Mud Box -- Favorites
Share info about great MUDs.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:29 PM

Zureal has much to be proud of
I am still a fan of BurningMUD. It is a typical DikuMUD, but for some reason I absolutely love the play there. The character class setup is interesting in that after you each level 50 you can go back down to 1st level and level that class back up to level 50 until you have a multiclassed character.

It is still running too which is always a plus. Evrey couple of years I go back and play for a month or two.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:43 AM
Troll

samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I used to play alot of Diku's and coded for a few different circle mud's.

Gosh, i can't remember the names of any of them either. I was a big fan of creating areas with things like

You are at the end of the path.
When pushing aside the branches you can see a shadowy portal in the shadows of the thicket to the east.
E
Wind rushes past you and you become quite lightheaded and pass out. Several moments later you awake on a cold stone floor.
Look
In a dark musty cavern.
W
A solid wall of granite blocks your path to the west.
/yell anyone know how to get out of this place and back to the forest?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:03 AM
Enthusiast

PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community
I've played MUDs since the 1990's. My favorite ones were based upon Battletech. At first, I didn't know anything about the Battletech universe but I enjoyed playing the various MUDs and began reading the roleplaying books. It's a rich and diverse universe and some of the MUDs were very ambitious. The combat system was very solid and appealing, even though I was looking at scrolling text and ASCII representations of maps. Unfortunately most of the Btech MUDs died.

There was a Star Trek MUD based upon the old series which was fairly popular. The combat system was a little hard to grasp under a text system, so I didn't play it all that much.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:42 AM

Ashent has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Ashent
I've logged onto everything under the godwars codebase on mudconnect.com and etc, and still haven't found a code better than Godwars: Rogue Edition, run by Listy.

It's been dead for about a year+ though (
Old 12-09-2006, 04:02 AM
Reality Escapist

LaiAhnaCharro is a jewel in the community LaiAhnaCharro is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to LaiAhnaCharro
I tried several way back when I started playing online. I landed on Dragon Realms. I loved it. The game is still going, though I do not play it. The makers are making a new graphical game. It costs 15 bucks a month to play! It was only 4 bucks and some change back when I was playing it.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:46 PM

amyfischer has much to be proud of
I began playing Dragonrealms with my son when he was in high school. Now he is 28 and we are again playing Dragonrealms, even though my son lives far away. We played WoW together and leveled to 60 at exactly the same moment. It is one of our fondest memories. We enjoy our gaming relationship, although the rest of the family just does not understand...
Old 12-12-2006, 06:09 PM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
Dragonrealms has been coming up a bunch -- we had it added to the standard playlist in today's patch It would be great to have more Dragonrealms players, and MUD players in general, get their histories into the system... I think these games are really central to whole history of online gaming.

Disruptor Beam -- Facebook RPGs
Old 12-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I've never played one. They were just hitting big on campus in 1991. I saw too many of my friends flunk out of college because they'd be at the lab all hours of the day/night playing. I think I'd have probably overdone it, too, so I stayed away.

Had I already graduated, though...yikes I'd have been doomed.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:01 AM

Legeres has much to be proud of
Bet you can blame solomon(think he's the head gm or something) for the rash of DragonRealms gamers since he told us to take the quizes here (grin mischief)