11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 11-03-2008, 03:09 AM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
me too - I'm a glutton for punishment - but you and Armaya already know that. I went to breakfast a friend and we ripped the show apart. I mean c'mon - they couldn't even pop some green contact lenses in the actress who plays Kahlan's eyes? And don't get me started on how they have completely massacred some major factors in the overall story.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Enthusiast

Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence
It was awful. Did they have the support of the author to rip apart his story like that? People that have never read these may, possibly enjoy it...but I doubt it.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Enthusiast

snowkissed is a jewel in the community snowkissed is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Skype™ to snowkissed
So I decided to pick up Wizard's First Rule again and just reread the first 3 pages. That alone they pretty much totally ignored. In fact, according to the book, Richard and Zedd were excellent friends (which I seemed to recall when I was watching the show, but had to confirm!) and the fact that they didn't know eachother at all in the show pissed me right off!

I didn't even want to get in to all the other changes they made, let alone Richard's father's death.

Like Cessation, I will finish watching the season, but I might be weeping by the end of it. Or pleasantly surprised, who knows. I'm a glutton for crappy fantasy.

As for Kahlan... I really don't like her. Her hair isn't long enough and she has brown eyes. I agree, green contacts would NOT be that hard to fix that problem.

Also, Craig Horner ( the guy who plays Richard ) reminds me of Brendan Fraser.

Lastly, I realize why they made certain "changes"...I was looking at the official website and there was this video where the director was talking about the show and how they wanted to "make the characters more contemporary" so that the show would appeal to a wider audience. Do they really need to estrange all fans in order to appeal to the mass market?
Old 11-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkenfairy View Post
People that have never read these may, possibly enjoy it...but I doubt it.
I haven't read these...and couldn't even stay interest in the first episode.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
you should read them - it's a wonderful series.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Enthusiast

I enjoy the books, but I found it starts to drag the later it gets in the series. Thankfully we're just waiting for the last book now. I hate it when there are years between books >.<
Old 11-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Must Be Evil

Confessor - the last book already came out.
http://www.amazon.com/Confessor-Swor...5819236&sr=8-1

Or did you mean you are waiting for the final book in The Wheel of Time series? - cuz that isn't done yet.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Go nap, Mia! GET WELL SOON!

Old 11-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Enthusiast

No, I know that RJ's book didn't come out yet. In fact, he's dead, so we're waiting on another author to finish it (selected by his wife).

I quite honestly probably missed Confessor. I may have read it too.. it's been a while and I've read so many books it's easy to forget. I'll have to check my personal library when I get home.