11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 10-02-2008, 02:27 PM

Cessation is a jewel in the community Cessation is a jewel in the community
Sword of Truth series becomes a television show
Terry Goodkinds epic fantasy series is becoming a weekly television show. I saw a teaser trailer while watching Heroes and thought it might have been an upcoming movie(trailer was very very vague) but turns out it is for TV starting Nov 1 by Sam Raimi though how the playtime distribution is being done is a bit strange-depending on where you live the day/channel the show will appear is different.

You can check out more on this at http://www.legendoftheseeker.com/

Old 10-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Yeah, I saw a couple of commercials for it. Strangely enough the ones I saw said it started Nov. 2nd, not the 1st.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:16 PM

Mooncalled has much to be proud of
They're are some heavy handed subjects in that series.
It will be interesting to see how they handle it. I know that it got very graphic more then a few times. I'll give it a try.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:09 PM

You may have seen it starting on the second depending on where you live. The different areas around where I live all have different show times from Saturday on channel 4 at 9pm to Sunday on channel 7 at 4pm seems to be marketed to shore up weak positions in the lineup of Disney channels per area.

I expect them to gloss over the adult situations in Soap Opera just finished having sex style due to it being shown on Disney based stations that being on something like Showtime or HBO would have allowed more leeway to stay true to the book. But I also hope that if the series does well it allows the possibility of a movie showing.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessation View Post
You may have seen it starting on the second depending on where you live. The different areas around where I live all have different show times from Saturday on channel 4 at 9pm to Sunday on channel 7 at 4pm seems to be marketed to shore up weak positions in the lineup of Disney channels per area.
Yep, I checked out the website for the show and found out it premieres on two different nights depending on the location of the viewers.

Oddly enough though, in the area where I live it premieres on the local affiliate of My Network TV which is owned by Fox, not Disney.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Cool - I must have missed the commercial? I love these books. Thanks Cess!
Old 11-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
/bump
because this start tonight in some areas!
Old 11-02-2008, 03:32 AM
Must Be Evil

ok - so thoughts?

I'm not happy so far. But I am curious to hear what others have to say, especially anyone who has not read the books.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Enthusiast

snowkissed is a jewel in the community snowkissed is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Skype™ to snowkissed
I just started the download and am waiting for it to finish. I'm skeptically excited to watch it.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:50 AM

I just hit the death of his father and I am saying WTF, they have butchered so much of the starting story and background I am shaking my head.

I will still most likely finish watching the season to see what they do with it.