11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

View Poll Results: Do you believe in Roxi's psychic powers of netology?
Yes, I went and made a Twitter account. 8 29.63%
No, but I already have Twitter. 4 14.81%
No and I am totally grooving on the Luddite thing. 3 11.11%
Yes, but my own psychic powers are greater. I already have Twitter. 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
I find it hard to convince myself that becoming part of the twitosphere is important...

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 10-01-2008, 02:08 AM
Enthusiast

tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community
sorry something that has the word TWIT in it can't be good.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Enthusiast

sororitygirl is community member of note
I signed up cause Roxi said so ^_^
Old 10-05-2008, 01:15 AM

thatgirlhatesyou is a jewel in the community
LOL I love twitter... Its just so much better than blogging when I don't have anything interesting to say.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Enthusiast

snowkissed is a jewel in the community snowkissed is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Skype™ to snowkissed
I tried Twitter a couple months ago and thought it was ridiculous. It sounds like people are just using it for status updates much like what Facebook already has (and people already "abuse").
Old 10-06-2008, 02:54 AM
Enthusiast

Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkissed View Post
I tried Twitter a couple months ago and thought it was ridiculous. It sounds like people are just using it for status updates much like what Facebook already has (and people already "abuse").
Some people do only use it for status updates, true. Some, however, use it to notify readers of when they have made a new blog post (a substitute for an RSS feed); some use it to share links (my primary use); and probably the most enterprising use it as a forum for polling a diverse audience for their thoughts on various topics. The 140-char limit means that responses are short and sweet, and people are pretty good about sticking to the topic at hand. It can be a very useful market research tool.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:07 AM
Enthusiast

snowkissed is a jewel in the community snowkissed is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Skype™ to snowkissed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketwolf View Post
Some people do only use it for status updates, true. Some, however, use it to notify readers of when they have made a new blog post (a substitute for an RSS feed); some use it to share links (my primary use); and probably the most enterprising use it as a forum for polling a diverse audience for their thoughts on various topics. The 140-char limit means that responses are short and sweet, and people are pretty good about sticking to the topic at hand. It can be a very useful market research tool.
Ahh okay. Fair enough. I still don't see myself using it
Old 10-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirlhatesyou View Post
LOL I love twitter... Its just so much better than blogging when I don't have anything interesting to say.
This is a beautiful description of Twitter's value-add.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 10-07-2008, 03:21 AM
Lurker in Disguise

Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Send a message via ICQ to Syldra Send a message via AIM to Syldra Send a message via MSN to Syldra Send a message via Yahoo to Syldra
when i don't have anything intresting to say, i just don't say it.

'cause i'm lazy. and stuff.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:03 AM

thatgirlhatesyou is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
This is a beautiful description of Twitter's value-add.
yup. I don't deny twitter's "randomness" at all.